Emergency Horns Illegal?

I’m thinking about getting a Grover Emergency Stuttertone horn for my car and was wondering if it’s illegal?

Thanks a lot

first it would depend on local laws in most cases…

second - its a GROVER EMERGENCY STUTTERTONE HORN!!! Key word - EMERGENCY…

Its definately illegal unless you have an emergency vehicle that you are putting it on AND using it when responding to a call.

Dont mean to be coming down harsh but certain horns are for certain vehicles… Sure train horns are not meant to go on vehicles but its more of a novelty thing… When you get into putting a stuttertone horn or PA with siren, that gets into the whole impersinating an officer thing which is a road you dont want to go down

riiight ok yeah I don’t think I’ll be going down that road then. Thanks a lot ima go with some semi horns :smiley:

Go with one of the shocker kits (4 horn black trumpets) thats what i got and i love em… still not the most leagal if you sound them by a cop ,but will keep the novelty thing…

any air horn is technically illegal on a car, but oh well…lol

just dont get caught riding dirty… lol

Having a grover emergency stuttertone on your vehicle is not illegal, if this was so why would hadley sale stuttertone horns and mount them on there rv’s. ? I have 2 stuttertones on my vehicle

It might not be illegal in Texas but it is here. If the vehicle is a certain size, it can have one for highway use, otherwise no to any air horns on a car/truck here.

All I can tell you is check your local laws.

well said ^

yep check your local laws…

deuces

Even if it replaces the standard horn and isn’t any louder?

This is not true…

Having a horn meant for emergency signalling is the whole point of having a horn in the first place.

The first signaling horns on automobiles were air horns… you had to squeeze a bulb to honk it.

As long as the horn is rated at a lower decibel rating than the maximum allowable by law in your city, town, county, state, etc. - you are operating within the limits of the law and therefore are legal.

Even a K5LA, when regulated - could be operated legally I suppose.
With what? 25-30 PSI?

LOL !!!

yea only one bell on a k5 at 30psi will be under the db rating…lol
FL law states no car shall emit a loud or harsh tone, that makes me screwed lol all my horns have drilled out passages to make them louder
even semis have 2 horns now, a car style horn and an air horn to use on highways