Extended Cab

Does anyone here have a system in their truck which happens to be an extended cab? All the dudes I have gone to told me that It won’t sound good because there isn’t enough ‘space’ in my cab. I did have 2 shallow mount 10"s under the back seats but they blew so now I have 2 PB 12"s sittin on the back seat. I only have an 800 watt amp though so it is just powering one speaker lol. I want something a little more permanent, that is LOUD and looks good :slight_smile: Also my amp is mounted to the floor under my front passenger seat, which I think is a bad place to put it because it gets beat on.

:confused: Any suggestions?

yes i do… i have a 2005 f150 extended cab i have the probox and probox subs 2 400 watt rms 8" subs pushed by a 500 w rms bazooka amp and sounds just as good as the 2 10 i had in my old dodge

sub box

amps behind rear seat

sub box and subs out of truck

Honestly i would suggest this subbox over any others i have seen http://www.proboxrocks.com

by the way this is a ported box also

That’s a nice box right there.
I took my back seat out. Currently building a new box.

Vented box is the secret… PROBOX ROCKS!!
Nice 7

I’ve got 2 kicker compvr 10’s, a memphis 500w amp, pioneer avic d3…
I got the head unit in but I’m waiting on the perfect box to finish everything up.
I’ll be bassin’ on a budget…

that’s pretty sick. thank you !! :slight_smile:

Yeah I have a probox with three 12’s MTX8500 with one eclipse 800watt for the door spkrs and a T100001 RF power amp to power the subs. Working on removing the one on the center cause theirs not enought airspace. Feels like your ears are going to blow from the insufficient airspace in the box and cab.

I like to hear my cummins roar over anything tho.

I got the guy from probox to send me that one as a demo for free for advertising for him =)

I’ve got an extended cab as well… running JL Audio speakers all the way around, JL Stealthbox sub and 2 JL amps (1 for the speakers, 1 for the sub) and it sounds pretty dang good.

• NCSU

I went with the JL Stealthbox too and love it. Yes there are louder setups out there but only if I completely removed the back seat and built a huge box. Not gonna happen. I didn’t want to tear up the wall behind my seats and then custom build a box to fit either, and even if I did it still wouldn’t sound as good as this does. Trust me I’ve been around and installed speakers for years and have listened to trucks with 12’s crammed behind the seats and this blows them away. There’s just not enough room behind the seat for that. Besides, the JL setups are engineered for the best sound possible in a tight under-seat placement. Price is not cheap, but for me was well worth the money.

Since I have a SuperDuty I could go with the larger JL setup with a 600W 13.5" 13TW5-3 sub in sealed enclosure.

Also added 2 new JL amps, an HD750/1 for the sub and a HD600/4 for the Focal door and rear speakers.

Damn looking at these pics it’s obviously time to have someone apply the leather cleaner! Ugh! Lol

Good luck choosing and keep us up to date with what you decide! :slight_smile: