Fireworks VS Leslie RS3L? Read this thread to find out the winner!

So I live in upstate NY. Small fireworks were recently legalized here (the biggest legal ones you can buy are Funky Monkeys). This doesn’t stop people from traveling to any of the neighboring states and picking up fireworks that are illegal here to shoot them off on July 4th.

Anyways, my neighbors picked up $2000 worth of fireworks to put on a huge show. Like I said earlier, anything that flies up into the air and goes boom is still illegal here, so you’d think that people would take notice and call the cops if they didn’t like the noise.

After putting on a huge show, including a finale where we set off a huge amount of fireworks at once, we blasted my grandpa’s RS3L and emptied a 10 gallon tank (1/2" air line and valve, 150 psi).

Someone who lives 2 blocks away called the cops on us cause “a loud horn” woke them up. We didn’t get in trouble, but it was pretty clear that the RS3L rustled some jimmies much more than the fireworks did!

LOL. Great story. Just goes to show how easy it is to annoy someone with a train horn :slight_smile:

Very nice, it makes me understand more.

The invisible link has been deleted.

Train horns are evil, fireworks aren’t. Not surprising really.

The primary usage for my Kahlenberg D-1 horns is after a fireworks display.

The USCG regulations require all nearby vessels to sound their horns after the finale.

My practice is to allow all others to sound their horns, then sound my whistle, then my horns.

There is not much to say after that…