Found york style comp @ salvage yard

So today i decided to go to a salvage yard to try and find a york 210. The yard is called Pick A Part down in Mesa Arizona. Its one of there larger yards in AZ, have about 600 cars. So i start walking around in the 107 degree heat looking at all the old trucks and there a lot of them but im not finding anything. Im at about 3/4 of the way through the yard when i come across this old dodge truck. And i notice it has a Mopar rv2. i thought about pulling it but i choose not to and kept going. finally in the last row of cars at the very end there was another old dodge pickup. Sitting right there in the engine bay was this york style comp. I got my tools and pull it in about 5-10 minuets and bought her for only 50 bucks.

im not 100% sure if this is a york 210, 209, or 206. Iv look for anything that would designate it as a york and the only name i found was, LESTER.

i still need to go through it, maybe take it apart and check if its in good working order. i can turn the clutch by hand and it does work.

Let me know what you guys think

BTW if someone wants that mopar rv2 ill go down there and pull it and sell it you.

I think the only difference between the 3 of them is in the crankshaft (stroke) and rod length.

so today i broke down the compressor to see what kind of shape it was in…and i did find out that its a York 210.

looks like all it needs is new gaskets

here are some pics

[SIZE=7] time to clean it[/SIZE]

It looks really clean inside and now outside too. The head gasket is metal and can be reused but you will need the others. If the reed valves are clear of debris, it looks like you got a really nice unit.

Since we recommend tightening the head bolts to 17 ft/lb, I think you can use that torque for all bolts and/or screws.

i ordered a gasket kit online, it should be here soon… it comes with everything all need.

yah i was wondering what to torque the bolts down to. ill either do that or try and find a manual.

Nice Find!! I couldn’t find anything at the salvage yard here. The oldest vehicles they have are 1980’s.

they are pretty common here (australia) from older falcons how ever u will need to add a oiler as they were orginally lubricated via oils in air con system.

I have no idea how to do this but there are mobs here that sell thm under the endless air name.