Fuses blowing

I did my install back in June and haven’t had a problem until this week when it blew a fuse. I put in another fuse (20amp) and it blew half an hour later. I put another fuse in the next day and it blew immediately. Now I’m trying to change up my wiring. I was using a fuse splitter coming off the auxiliary circuit, now I’m going to run a 40amp relay, but I’m having an issue finding a wire that is only hot while the motor is running. I have a 2011 Silverado and the Hornblasters shocker kit. Any help is much appreciated.

09 Sierra here. I know there’s one in the fuse panel under the hood. I tapped into it for my second alternator.

Check your grounds. If it’s corroding, it will start to draw more current.

Yeah sounds like a bad earth. What compressor are you running?
Be careful about upping the amperage fuse on a bad circuit … especially if your wiring is thin gauge. It’s frightening how easily something can catch fire (seen it happen with less than 10A)

One other option to consider is tapping off a constant hot such as the cigarette lighter and adding a switch to prevent the compressor from running. I couldn’t find any switched power in my car so I went the switch route. One benefit of doing this would be having the ability to kill the compressor if you get pulled over. Just don’t forget to shut it off when you park the car.

I seem to remember reading that a bad check valve can cause the fuse to blow with a Viair compressor. I suggest calling Hornblasters. They are well known for having great customer service!

I called them last week and they said to not let it run without the engine running. I added a switch inside the tool box over the weekend and so far its been good. I’ve gone through six tanks of air and no fuse has blown. Hopefully that fixes it. If not, I’ll order a check valve and try that. Thanks for the help!