Graham & White Valve and extras...

Well, I decided not to put the metered valve in my truck due to space limitations and esthetics.

What you will get:

1 - Graham & White metered valve Salem-353-100

Update: I removed the fittings on the valve (pictured), so I will be selling the valve by itself.

I would like to have $100 delivered to your doorstep

I have a set of horns on my truck that uses solenoids on each horn (3) that is activated when I push the button up front,
From what I understand (pls excuse as my knowledge here w/air horns is Nil, at most) this valve Ur selling is able to release the air out slowly and abruptly.
Or U can just open up 1 shot to blow out, right ?
What will I need to install this on my kit as I have a simple and small air tank (But will be putting a 5 gallon one any day now)

Thanks You in Advance for any and all the help/input.

S.K.

this valve Ur selling is able to release the air out slowly and abruptly.

Yes, this is a metered valve that is used on real trains. You can let air out slowly and then wide open.

What will I need to install this on my kit as I have a simple and small air tank (But will be putting a 5 gallon one any day now)

What I was going to do was to removed my solenoid and run each end that went into the solenoid and run them into this valve and thats it. You will need to mount this to something somewhat study as you need to compress the spring when activating the lever.

You will need fittings as I have pictured here to run your airline into and some type of mounting bracket or directly into something solid.

[b]hey buck , just a thought that flashed when i read your sale for the valve.
I remembered this one & thought I would pass it to you :cool:

[/b]http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/webcart_productDisplay.php?itemid=28685

check this out.

Thats a cool looking mount, but i really dont have room in my cab. I have a JL Stealthbox installed in the center console which limits me somewhat. I really dont have room nex to the seas like you had your mounted. I hope they come out with the rheostat type solenoid then I will be golden.

there anything you want to trade it for?

there anything you want to trade it for?

I would, but now I got hits on ebay

Item number: 230290624906

That mount will only work with their (manufacturer’s) valve. You’ll sell your valve for top dollar on e-bay. But I think in the very near future you’re gonna want to reconsider installing that GW valve. When I figure out a decent location on my rig for that valve and actually install it, I’ll let ya know…for the mean time I along with my passengers will yank that rope!:smiley:

But I think in the very near future you’re gonna want to reconsider installing that GW valve. When I figure out a decent location on my rig for that valve and actually install it, I’ll let ya know…

You are probably right, but if so, I will just buy a new one from Matt. I am hoping they come out with the rheostat type solenoid soon, and then we wont need a manual valve.

SOLD on Ebay

I knew you would sell that valve for top dollar! I won an auction on a new valve for $4.00 more! The same time you were selling yours.

Should have let me know and I would have made you all a good deal.

The valve I have installed in the Tundra is a used valve I bought on e-bay; it works perfect, but I wanted a ‘brand new’ valve. The new valve will be installed and the old valve will be resold on e-bay in the near future.

I just bought one for $65 from eBay. That sucker is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

And u just bumped a 2 yr old thread

Ok!