Have an air leak here...

…Where can i find this part to replace it? I have removed the hose and it is fine. No rips, tears, or swelling. Still looks new. The fitting seems to be the issue. I need the whole elbow piece.

Thanks…

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

also, the air line is a 1/2 so what would the fitting be, an 8mm?

Found it here… but I need it locally in Miami
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Pneumatic_Components/Push-to-Connect_Pneumatic_Fittings_(Thermoplastic)/Male_Elbow/ME12-12N

Look up a local parker hose and fitting dealer or Hornblasters which is in florida also. And ask for a presto-to-loc 90. Either place will hook you up.

Pefect. i was going to try Murrays speed shop tomorrow

A speed shop probably wont have that type fitting but a Parker store will. That is where all my fittings cone from they will have what you are looking for.

All the Parker stores here are not retailers only wholesalers. Wonder if they would sell to the general public.

That is how they are here but yet i can still walk in and purchase whatever i need. Parker is an easy company to work with from all past experience i have had with them.

Try trimming the airline. Make the cut super clean & super square.
Worth a try…

I did that but the leak continues… How often do these go bad?

I swapped out most of my connects with 1/2 inch MPT (male NPT) x 3/8 inch barb end, then added a small worm gear style hose clamp. This and blue Thread-Loc have almost eliminated all my leaks.

-Kris

I have had these fittings ever since my first horn setup and have not had a fitting begin to leak yet. My only problem is I have had a few hoses that I aint been able to disconnect. But other than that no problems.

Went to Parker store. it was closed :frowning:

Like these?

Those fittings are good but i personally rather have pres-to-loc or compression fittings. Since barb fittings are a pain in the oven to put on and you have to cut them undone and under high pressure will blow off unless you clamp them.

So I highly recommend going by parker on monday you will be very satisfied. Or even home depot if you dont mind using compression fittings.

I use the barbed fittings shown above with 2 worm drive hose clamps each.
That’s rubber air hose though - not DOT tubing.

barb fittings work good except that the barbed piece inside takes away valuable inside diameter for air to flow… which means less cfms to horns

If you look into a PTC fitting, there is a (thin) sleeve that goes inside the DOT tubing.
I just measured the ID of a 1/2" fitting and it’s .325".

I will concede that a barb is thicker than the thin sleeve in a PTC fitting, but a barb by nature is being used on hose not tubing. Since hose is measured by the ID it is bigger to begin with.

The fitting will always be the restriction. I went with 5/8" ID hose just so the fittings would be bigger. Now I’m curious about the ID of a 1/2" barb. I might go check it out.

So I finally bought the Parker fitting. 10 of them to be exact (since they were so hard to find and i got great pricing through my company).

No more leak!!! :slight_smile:

Bingo, that’s the one!

-Kris