HB Kit

i have a HB kit that uses the compressor 280C. The kit is about 2 years old and has been working without an issue. The tank is 2 gallons and would normally take about 2min to fill up. But what i noticed was that it started taking longer to fill up. It got to a point that it would take 20minutes to fill up. I took it to a shop and they detected two leaks. Although i truly wouldnt agree with them. I received the two fittings from HB. after installation the tan still would not fill. the guy told me that the compressor is shot because it wasnt even getting hot. I chose not to believe him and its why im here. Could it be the check valve? I dont know much about this so i will try my best to follow instructions i get here. I rather not spend another $200 for another compressor and tank. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

The check valve is the first thing to check and most likely causing the problem unless the compressor has 500 operating hours which is Viair’s life expectancy.

I have not checked the check valve. The installer simply said because the compressor was not getting hot it has malfunctioned and i need to replace it. I didnt fully believe him because it was working just prior to this. I cant believe its going to stop from one day to the next. I will buy a check valve, replace it and do it on my own. I appreciate your input.