Hello!

Hi guys!

I’m from IL and pretty new to this forum but I’ve been debating on getting a train horn setup for over a year and then in the last few months I spent alot of time researching how it all worked and what was best for me and my budget.

So glad I did not go and get the 169.99 ebay special like I almost did once (I admit). Over the past month I went from debating on the hornblasters physcoblasters then to the outlaw then to the shocker kit and now I have finally decided to put my own shocker xl kit together :smiley:

My gameplan is to get the Shocker XL’s, Viair 444C, 5 Gal tank and run it at 200 psi. Gonna be a challenge mounting this in 2nd gen XB considering I already have a custom stereo and cannot use the trunk so probably gonna do it under the rear and put my little welding skills to use probably hehe.

I’ll be sure to post up some vids / pics when I’m done!

Sounds like you have thought this out :slight_smile: Let me make some suggestions though.

Have you checked the dimensions of the 5 gallon tank? This may be a tight fit, if it will fit at all.

Part Number
TA-508H
Volume
5 Gallons
3/4 in NPT Ports
1/2 in NPT Ports
Rated Max Pressure
300 PSI
Working Pressure
150 PSI
Burst Pressure
800 PSI
Length
20.5 in (520.7 mm)
Diameter
9.5 in (241.3 mm)
Height
11.5 in (292.1 mm) (With Legs)
Weight
20 lbs (9.07 Kg)

Also, just so you know if you run any of our horns over 150 psi, you will void all warranty on the horns. I just want to make you aware of these things. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact anyone here and we will be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Hello, yes I am still debating on wether I want to do some custom welding to get the 5 gal to fit or just go with the 2 gal. My only concern is even with custom brackets, the tank will sit about 4" above the road and I am wondering if that would be safe? How much runtime will I get with the 2 gal at 200 psi? Oh I could swear I read another thread were it said the horns were covered up to 200 psi! Either way, will they be pretty ok at 200 on the XL horns or am I ALOT better off at 150?

I read some interesting threads where guys said that 200 psi made em alot louder, so thats why I am wanting the 200 lol.

I would recommend that you do not go with the 5 gallon tank. I would look into maybe two 2 gallon tanks if you are wanting more air. As for the run time at 200 psi, I am unsure because we do not recommend running over 150 psi. At 150 psi you will get 5-7 secs with the one 2 gallon tank. Again, anyone who runs there horns over 150 will void warranty. These horns are hand tuned and blowing 200 psi through them may possibly damage the diaphragms. I have heard these horns at 90 psi and they are still ear piercing! Hope my information is helpful :slight_smile:

Well after raising the vehicle and obtaining some measurements, I discovered that with a little custom work and some welding I could fit one of those slim 5 gallon tanks, the horns and even the compressor under the rear (I am gonna try to get the compressor inside though first). Well I decided to stick with the 150 psi (for now lol) mostly cos I got a fantastic deal on two used Viair 450C’s and a 5 gallon slim aluminum tank all in good condition :slight_smile:

I also ordered the shocker xl horn kit :slight_smile: and I have a question - I seen alot of older threads where people were saying they upgraded to a 1/2" line and their shocker horns got alot louder. So this XL kit already has the 1/2" line setup correct? Are they talking about the 1/2" line from the compressor to the electric valve and then to the 4 way outlet manifold? Thx!

Yeah, the XL runs 1/2" to the solenoid, but from the Banjo fitting it’s the standard 5/16" line to the horns. No point running larger on those lines because the inlet on the horns is not big enough to make larger lines more flow efficient unless you have a lot of distance to cover. Just keep the small lines between the banjo and the horns as short as possible.

And of course, as equal length as possible.

Ok thanks for the help guys! Still putting everything together and so far so good :wink: Hoping to have everything by end of the week :slight_smile:

So far, I have gone with :

5 Gallon slim aluminum air tank (has 4 x 1/2" , 1 x 3/4" and 3 x 1/4" fittings)
Viair 450C Compressor
Shocker XL Horn Kit

Now I am just looking for all the little stuff like the switches, brass adapters, pressure switch, shut off switch, etc. etc…

I installed everything this weekend and whoa … I LOVE IT!!! I never had so much fun in my car before :slight_smile: Now I was gonna make some videos but my girlfriend cannot stop jumping everytime so she cant hold the camera still :confused: lolol. I love how “shocking” it is and how you can feel it!!!

Going to a big show and sound competition this coming weekend so I am gonna see if I can get it metered just for fun hehe!

Something I would like to share from my experience with this so far, is that I used Permatex High Performance Sealant instead of Teflon tape, etc. and this stuff is fantastic. ZERO leaks right from the beginning!!

Great to see someone from IL here.

Hey same here man! :slight_smile:

Heres a story from yesterday… I was at a sound off and was getting ready to leave the judging area so thats when I blew it and everyone in the judging area (about 12 people) ALL jumped at once buwhahahahaha! They all laughed after they recovered though :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking damn I’m gonna have my first video for you guys :smiley: but then my cameragirl got “SHOCKED” too and ended up hitting the wrong buttons on the cam :frowning: :plmao. Guess I should have told her I was gonna blow the horns too lol. Shocker XL FTW!