Help me peice together a kit

I’ve been staring at this computer for two days trying to figure out what all i need…

I wanna go with Dual 444c compressors

Hornblasters 8.5 gallon 8 port tank

200-165 pressure switch

hornblasters solenoid valve kit- http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=1-2-in-shocker-brass-valve-kit

what else am i gonna need to make this work… i’m hooking this up on a 08 crew cab short bed duramax… i’m more lost on the fittings that go on the plastic lines… idk where to start… i really wanna go with 5/8 airline and 1/2 fittings so it wont be as restrictive instead of the solenoid valve kit… HELP :confused:

If the dual compressor kit comes with complete wiring and the pressure switch is the dual relay unit, you’re good on wiring. Maybe need a toggle switch & a horn button.

So yeah, airline and fittings. HB doesn’t have 5/8" DOT tubing or PTC fittings. Hopefully somebody will chime in where they bought theirs. The fittings would be 1/2" male NPT x 5/8" PTC. You need 4 of those unless you hard plumb the valve to the tank or horn with a 1/2" pipe nipple.

That’s buying the valve separate - not the valve kit.

thanks for the input on that… i’ve done a little research and seen some say the 1/2 inch line is restrictive with a 3/8 opening… if it’s really worth it i’ll do 5/8 line, but if 1/2 is plenty then i’ll prorbably jsut go with it… and i’m not sure if the compressor’s come with wiring kit and fuses etc… i’ll have to get up with hornblasters tomorrow… and try to work too… my schedule sucks!!

edit: the solenoid valve kit from HB comes with 17 ft of 1/2 air line, 1/2 solenoid valve, and honk button… and a few fittings… here’s the link

http://www.hornblasters.com/products...rass-valve-kit

it’s 89 bucks… could i buy the solenoid valve alone and be cheaper to buy the air line and fittings separate? i’m trying to do this as cheap as possible and be simple for a first timer…

It’s a personal preference if you want 5/8". If you want the 5/8" you’ll have to get the valve seperate and spend about 100 bux for the tubing and fittings. Otherwise get the kit.

06z71silvy used airridefittings.com for his 5/8…

Your 3/8" opening is your biggest restriction not 1/2" or 5/8" air line.