HID Headlights

:confused: So im looking into getting some HID headlights but have no clue what brand or color or where to buy. I have sylvania silverstar ultras right now. so i want something brighter than that. Does anyone have them on there rides and can give me some advice?
My buddy has the halo 10,000 series and likes them cause there is a blue tint to them, is there something better?

Also I want to get some led tailights…any good cheap websites for those besides amazon or ebay ?

Thanks

John

http://www.vvme.com/index.php

Check out my thread here…

http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=4057

you’ll have a hard time seeing in rain or fog when you go above about 6000K. I use 6000K doesn’t look stock but can still see through rain.

Ive been looking around and some kits say you need the relay wireing harness. is that something i will need or can i by pass that. My only concern is when my air compressors kick in…will that affect the power to the lights. My compressors are wired through a relay.

I would run a relay because it will make your lights last longer. I had some custom built for my F-150 from sickhids.com, check him out.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk.

www.3bspec.com I had them on my car for 3 years before I had a wreck.

My DDM are still going strong… I run 55w 6k and do not use a relay. My hid’s never dim, but my interior light do . once i get my big 3 done, that will take care of it.

I replaced my fog lamps to 4300K 35W HIDs and had my headlights retrofitted with FX-R projectors and Osram D2S bulbs last weekend. Only been using it for a few days but I really enjoy driving at night seeing the beam output and cutoff. :smiley: (no night time pics yet as I haven’t had the chance to go somewhere and take a decent pic)

Nice! A TRUE retrofit.

Great headlights, but why hid in fog lights? I bet they are blinding the **** out of people. Especially when the roads are wet.

If you want to increase visibility you are better off leaving them off. HID in fog lights will put too much light on the foreground and make it difficult for your eyes to focus in the distance. Your fog lights looks pretty big, and would probably make them good candidates for a Ford Fusion fog light retrofit. Put 3000k bulbs in there and use them in poor weather.

E2E, thanks!

billm0066,
Yup, that’s why I only used 35W kits and it’s aimed a little low. Without the fogs, the cutoff is so crisp there’s no light for the road signs above. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve come across @$$holes here that replace both low beam, high beam and fogs with 6000K (or higher) HIDs all in reflector housings and turn them all on at the same time. On well lit roads! Talk about glare! Makes me want to get down and smash all his lights with a bat. :mad:

Here’s a couple pics I took just a while ago. unfortunately, it rained again.

I have installed about 6 sets of DDM Tuning HID’s, but the quality has gone downhill. I have switched to VVME. Much better price, faster shipping, and quality parts.