horn blows for until tank is empty. Help!

I dont want to ever have to go back to that place that installed my horns again so if I can fix it on my own then Ill be better off. Besides the installation looking like a drunk 9 year old put it together, whenever I push the horn button the horns blow until the pressure is gone in the tank.I have a 5 gallon tank that originally had a 200 psi pressure switch which they changed to a 145. There is what looks like 1/4" tubing from tank to valve. The valve appears to be from HB, has a blue info tag on top with HB logo and is rated for 150-210. It is a 1/2" which they have stepped down to the 1/4" on the inlet and then the 1/2" manifold is attached to the other side with 5/16" or 1/2" tubing going to the horns. They told me they tried two different valves and it does the same thing. I even took the valve apart to see if it was clogged with something but it is clean. I have a chrome valve from a previous kit that just has 12V on top of it and it works fine. The only problem is that it is 1/4" and wont fit the manifold. Is it the valve or do i need a relay before the valve coming from the stock horn? Please help

This is the valve I have: http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=hornblasters-diablo-1-2-in-brass-air-valve

It’s weird that 2 valves would do the same thing.
Maybe both installed the wrong direction? The arrow points with the flow - towards the horns.

You shouldn’t need a relay since the valve draws very little power. Are you sure when you let go of your button that it actually stops power to the valve? (test light or multimeter)

1/2" airline between the tank and valve is preferred for loudness.

Sounds like a faulty valve. If it came from the same line as the other it may have been a bad run of valves. Happened to me with my kit except it would stop after 10 seconds or so afyer releasing the horn button. HB replaced it without a problem and quickly too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the replies. I have the valve in the correct direction so it’s not that. I didn’t think about both valves being from the same batch. I called HB this morning and they told me to take it back to the installer. I really do not want to do that. After that I tried grounding the valve to the frame and ran a line straight to the battery… Still does the same thing. I’m thinking now it must be a faulty valve. Could running a 1/4 " line to the 1/2" valve have anything to do with it?

No, the valve doesn’t care about the airline size.

Just stopped by HB’s and got a new valve. Hopefully it will fix the problem

make sure the valve is rated for the right pressure. the new smc valves are only rated for 127 psi and they will stick open until pressure is released

Got it to work. I lubed up the diaphragm and its working great now. Wd40 didn’t do the trick so I used some silicone and that did the trick. I guess I’ll just keep the new valve I bought for a rainy day. Thanks guys for the input.