Horn help??

Hey guys, some of ya may be familiar now with my set up. I have a 3litre tank in the front of my Mr2… I’m quite restricted for space. My tank will cut off at about 110psi. Can i run much louder horns off this set up. My horns are made by Siege. I defo want to go alot louder. My only other option would be to fit a bigger tank in rear boot/trunk, but this would mean losing the only space i have left to store anything. How thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

pretty simple, you need the shocker horns from hornblasters. I have a used set or you can purchase them new from them

3 liters is 0.8gal. think about getting a slightly bigger tank if you want to honk your horns a little longer. :smiley:

Cool thanks people! How much for your shocker’s? Shipped to the uk mate? Are they alot louder than wot i got?

im sure wait till other ppl chime in and let u kno …but im askin 210 shipped to us…tat als includes avlve for them and a spliter, but im not sure how much shipping to uk would bed how do i find out?

I’m not sure, but on average stuff I’ve bought from the states is approx 100US…

Thanks dude I’ll have a think about it… I really need to find a complete new system. My horns are loud, but when I hear wot you guys are using… I just crave bigger horns etc. Have spent the fouth evening this week trying to source various bits and pieces from the uk, eg. Tanks, compressors etc etc.

I’ve seen this compressor over here its about £50 approx $30.

PRODUCT CODE: BA2641

YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING A BRAND NEW 12VOLT PORTABLE AIR COMPRESSOR BY “T-MAX”

SPECIFICATION:
72 LITRES PER MINUTE OUTPUT
COIL HOSE AND GAUGE
25 HP MOTOR
2.4 METRE POWER CORD WITH BATTERY CLAMPS
ROBUST CARRY BAG

OTHER DETAILS:
MAXIMUM AIR FLOW ------ 72 LITRE PER MINUTE
MAXIMUM VOLTAGE ------ 13.8 VOLT
MAXIMUM AMPERAGE DRAW ------- 30 AMP
MAXIMUM WORKING PRESSURE --------- 150 PSI
MAXIMUM RESTART PRESSURE -----------200 PSI
MAXIMUM AMBIENT TEMP ----------- 60 CENTIGRADE
MINIMUM AMBIENT TEMP ------------ - 55 CENTIGRADE
MAXIMUM DUTY CYCLE TIME 40 MINS @ 40 PSI @ 24 DEGREES CENTIGRADE

I’ll post this up in the Air compressor thread on here as well.

25HP? I think that should be 0.25HP. :smiley: for that price, I don’t think it will last a week, let alone a month. my compressor is about the same price but it was always falling apart in some way. so I bought a second one and modified it to strengthen the weak parts just enough to last until I receive my 275C from my cousin in the US…

where are you from? And stinky Pete I would look into a Viair Compressor. Let Lance get on here and let you knoW about the specs you listed above

100 bucks to u.k.? That sux maybe farmerehsan will be a gent and ship for free…

me? I’m in the Philippines. I’m currently using a Chinese made all-metal compressor which cost around US$25. supposedly rated at 1.24cfm with 10A draw. it’s supposed to be used for inflating tires during emergencies. I used it in a totally different application. :smiley:

the problem I’m encountering is with the crankshaft-piston joint. it’s riveted and it loosens and breaks apart. I removed the rivet, threaded the hole and used a bolt. works fine so far.

fixed:D

oh I see, well whatever works for you

it works. but I don’t trust it for long term so I’m still getting a 275C. availability of replacement parts is what made me choose Viair. :wink:

thanks matey! appreciated…