Horn Installation on a K5HL

Well done. … but - can’t say it sounds much like a K5. Pitch just sounds way off (too high) Could just be the audio maxing out, it’s sometimes difficult to tell. Try getting another shot with the camera a lot further back. What pressure are you running in the tank?

Yeah im going later tonight to do it again. I noticed its high pitched. One of my friends said it sounds kind of like a canadian tuned k5h from the video. I was running it at 140psi. although i heard i should be running it at 120.

So i went to Cajon Pass today to use my horn and i did notice it was high pitched. I compared it to a video of a guy using his K5HL at his home and his sounds normal pitched. What is wrong with mine?

Are all the bells sounding? Can you verify for sure which 5 bells you have?

I concur with E2E … you need to check that all of your bells are working OK.
Test each bell individually. Easiest way would be to have a single manifold, even if you build a temporary/test one (here’s an idea on how to do that)

If you don’t have the capacity or access to make an individual test mount, just cut yourself some pieces of blanking material (you can use cardboard or gasket rubber) which you can sandwich between the bells and manifold to cut off air flow to all but one bell, in turn (i.e. in essence isolate only one bell to sound).

[edit] PS: Dial down your air pressure for testing individual bells. You don’t need to send 150psi into a single if you know what I mean. Even <50psi will be enough to see if it works normally.

I have 1L 1 2 3 4 bells

That would be a K5HL then … here’s some clips:

I just revisited your original clip and it’s probably just overloading the mike. Still worth a test though to ensure they all work and sound OK

Ok thanks ill test them out

An easy way to test the bells individually is to just unbolt them from the manifold and hold an air nozzle up to the entry hole (for lack of better terminology). By doing this with mine I found one of the bells was not sounding… cleaning out the dirt from the inside fixed it.

Here are new videos i took with the horn. it sounds soft. I dont know what kind of K5HL i got, but it sounds too soft.
Go to the 2 minute mark on the first video.
https://www.facebook.com/zooker12/videos/vb.100000030384488/1222465007764500/?type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/zooker12/videos/1222472334430434/