Horn Installation on a K5HL

So, i bought a K5HL on ebay last week, and i also bought a 20 gallon air tank from hornblasters and a 33 gallon 165psi air compressor from sears. combined 53 gallons, I need to know if i got the right compressor for my K5HL. And I need to know what i need to hook it up. so far i got a pack of 10 hose clamps, two ball valves, 25ft 1/2 inch hose, two 1/4 - 1/2 hose connectors (because the compressor has a 1/4 outlet), a graham manual valve, and a few other stuff this guy on youtube told me to buy. His name is Matt, well known horn collector. The problem is I dont want to bombard him on youtube so i came here. Can you guys help me figure this out? Here is the compressor i bought. http://www.sears.com/craftsman-33-gallon-vertical-air-compressor/p-00916572000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1 and here is a pic of my horn.

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have everything. What do you need to know?

Basically, all i need to know, if my craftsman compressor is the right kind of compressor for blowing horns. I have been a fan of horns all of my life, but I don’t know anything about compressors, and hope my purchase was worth it.

As long as you’re not looking to install that on a vehicle, the compressor seems OK … and the 33 gallon size is certainly enough, BUT … the quick connects might not be. You will ideally want 1/2" connections all the way through to the GW valve. If the quick connects are only 1/4", maybe use both and combine them into a single 1/2" line.

Well, i was planning to install it on my truck. Why shouldn’t I? I am not trying to sound ignorant, thats why i came to this forum lol.

Welcome to the forum. If you have the budget and want to hank a lot get an Oasis; otherwise, get an AZ OB2 or one of the many Viairs.

Sorry, I already bought a compressor. I finally figured it out. Thanks for the help guys! :slight_smile:

You will have to use a DC/AC converter for that compressor ( 12V DC -> 120V AC ) with enough watts.

If I end up just selling that compressor. What compressor do you recommend for a 20 gallon tank from horn blasters?

Well for 20 gallons you would need an Oasis compressor, or 4 viair/air zenith (those are designed for max 5 gallons per compressor)

Will i need more than one oasis compressor? Sometimes I see dual compressors on kits. Maybe for a big air tank?

Oasis compressors do not have a 5 gallon per compressor limit and just one of them will fill 20 gallons from 0 to 150 psi in 3.5 minutes.

I just realized we’re neighbors. I should change my location since Oasis Manufacturing is in Laguna Hills, near the Irvine Spectrum.

Would i be able to take a visit tomorrow to your store and talk to you more about it? My name is Kyle

Correct, the rule of thumb is 1 X viair compressor for every 5 gallons.:smiley:

If that is the case ill need 4? lol

Correct, or 1 oasis

Got my horn to work with my craftsman 33 gal compressor. Good god it is loud! I will post a video tomorrow with the horn.:slight_smile:

Sure, please call first, number is on our website www.oasismfg.com, and our hours are 8:00 to 4:00.

I actually got it to work, and it sounds pretty nice! https://www.facebook.com/zooker12/videos/vb.100000030384488/1217410844936583/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_comment&notif_id=1459915151893134