Hornblasters 100W PA System: Install Photos

I spent the better part of yesterday installing the speaker (required the removal of the front bumper fascia of my 2003 Tundra), and then ripped my interior apart so I could hide the head unit for the PA system in the center console. Super easy installation: two green wires - one for each of the speaker wires, ground, and 12-volt switched power fused @ 15 amps.

Photos:

Removed front bumper fascia to get to crossmember behind it:

Drilled and tapped front bumper crossmember for mounting bolts (red loctite used to ensure they don’t loosen over time).

Loomed wiring from speaker into cab:

Bumper fascia replaced, speaker hidden behind:

Center Console:

Center console dissected and mount added to interior. Note wiring harness snaked out of console forward to electrical, and speaker connections.

Console open, head unit installed. Photo taken from front towards rear of cab.

Dat right der be lookin good!!!

I hollered at some females this weekend with mine. OOOOHHHH YYYYAAAA!!!

niceee! do you have any videos?

Lookin’ good man! Nice install!

Truth be known, I hate installing things. So much so, that I geek out completely if and when I have to install anything. If it can’t be made to look factory, and be hidden - I won’t even try it. -No videos yet, I’ll leave that up to Matt when he’s here, lol.

Thanks for the encouraging posts!

Question, if I put one of these on my boat tower could the voice be heard 70 feet behind the boat while the boat was moving?

Reason I ask is this would make a great training aid for teach people how to ski. It’s waiting till they fall to tell them what they did wrong when you can tell them while they are doing it.

You don’t have a VHF? You can add a hailer onto most VHF’s

nice clean install Lance

Thanks Korey!

Just did a google search for hailer and had no idea those existed. Have to do a little more research to see if my VHF is compatible but these are really affordable.

Geez man you made my install look like crap. I wanted to install the system in the center console, too, but I didn’t have enough room…:confused:

Super clean install!!! 5 stars

That is one clean install, looks great man.

Haha that reminds me I hollered at some ladies yesterday. I stopped tho cause a FHP unit was about 200 ft. from me LMAO.

wow that is legit! good job man
does that thing come with the mount?

The only thing I didn’t use were the bolts to mount the speaker. I opted to use my own, fine thread allen head bolts that I tapped the front crossmember for. Otherwise, everything included in the kit was used for the installation.

This morning, while driving to work @ VIAIR, I noticed the guy in front of me was leaving a ton of space in front of himself, which always gets on my nerves. Looking closer, he was fartin’ around with his smartphone. I do this myself way too often, but not while moving. To make him more attentive to his surroundings, I turned on the PA and gave him three long blasts of the buzzy horn that is an option with the 100W HB PA system. He tossed his phone onto the floorboards super quick! -Best use I’ve found yet for that tone on the PA system!