*hornblasters katrina 5 kit on gmc sierra*

so i think i finally figured out how to upload pictures. This is my hornblasters katrina 5 chime train horn kit. If you have only seen videos of this thing at 150 p.s.i you really dont know the true ear raping this thing gives. I am very satisfied with hornblasters customer service, deals and products. I know this isnt the loudest train horn they sell but i seriously cant use this horn in my apartments or at my work. Im too afraid. EXTREMELY LOUD! If your looking to get a katrina 5 and want to hear some reviews on it then ask me. Ive had it installed for 1 week and this thing has no chance of getting old or no fun. Its louder than you expect and you will be very satisfied. I had the local car toys install it and i just have a toggle switch to sound the horn on and off. Nothing wild. I went to car toys to do the install because they guarantee their work and labor. Already returned once for air leaks and bolts coming loose. This kit is UNBELIEVABLE! :smiley:

Nice! I hope your compressor gets plenty of ventilation because being upside down the heat can build up inside.

Yeah i hope so too. Maybe i will relocate it to mount sideways. But thanks!

I was going to say the same thing, generally the compressor should sit the other way up. There may even be a warranty issue there? They say to mount the compressor upright and not on it’s side etc etc to stop it wearing the piston chamber which I have seen a lot of. Also there is a chance moisture could sit in the head if left standing for a while.
I am not trying to poo-poo your install in anyway, just offering some guidance :smiley:

Apart from that, great install! :smiley: let’s hear them in action?

Opppps… I just got this off the Viair website.

Q: Is it possible to mount VIAIR compressors sideways,
or must it be mounted with the cylinder upright?
You can mount in any direction or position since VIAIR compressors are oil-less. The only position we do not recommend is an upside-down mount, since heat tends to travel upward, and does not dissipate well in the motor housing. A sideways mounting may reduce the life of the piston seal, since everything is governed by gravity and has a weight associated with it.

Yeah i think here shortly im going to fabricate a drop down plate to remount it on. Im getting more and more nervous about it upside down. Thanks for the heads up though!

Cool beans! No probs :smiley: :smiley:

Hey how do people post videos on here? Would i have to make a youtube video?

Simple, take the video of your Horns on your cell phone or camera, then log into YouTube (you may have to create an account) then upload the video onto YouTube :smiley:
Then copy the link at top of the page on the forum and it’s done:D

Easy enough…i will soon have one!

Welcome, and those horns do surely just give the look of loud…can’t wait to hear some video. :cool:

Good to see another active member with a GMC. :smiley:

Hey thanks man! Yours sounds awesome! And very nice truck! Ive got an 01 but those 14s have got me lookin around a lot haha.

I like the 14’s, but I really like the previous style…like mine. I have a '08. :slight_smile:

Yeah yours is sick! Love that color too