Hornblasters Shocker Classic with upgrade

had these horns since March of 2011. Love them! still loud as hell to this day and going strong. I only bought just the horns since I already had compressors and a 3 gallon air tank available on my truck already. They are easy to install on anything! and I mean, Anything! check attachments. :smiley: I had them on my bicycle trailer. being light weight and made of plastic donā€™t let that fool you these are Loud!

Pros:
Loud
easy to install
lightweight

cons:
as the forum user ā€œSocalmikeā€ Stated the horns do get out of tune and need to be retuned. They make a squak sound when this happens. It can be fixed by simple tightening the allen screw on the back of the horns.

here is the other attatchment.

Tightening the tuning screws will void your warranty though. In my case, it would cost a new set of Shockers to have them shipped then back for warranty so I opened mine up. The squealing horn had grains of sand on the lip of the chamber and diaphragm so it got dented and started squealing. I still yet to have new SS diaphragms made. Looking for a shop around here. Would be nice to have HB sell replacement Shocker diaphragms though.

Give HB A call or try measuring the diaphragm and see if anybody sells a similar size or not. Hope this helps.

If these are not serviceable or itā€™ll void the warranty to service them, thatā€™s a huge drawback ā€¦ one that might have me looking elsewhere. Iā€™d very much like to see a written response from HB, Angie@HB, etc. on this topic, as it seems a little short-sighted not to permit people to service their horns. Iā€™m hoping replacement parts are available, too, and, if not, that may be a deal-killer as it pertains to me buing Shockers.

Tuning the horn yourself or taking the horn apart does void the lifetime warranty. We replace the horn with the consumer paying for shipping. Internationally, I could see how paying shipping would be a pain in the butt. It wouldnā€™t cost much more to have the old horn shipped to us and new one returned to you than purchasing a new diaphragm and having that shipped to you anyway.

We do not have replacement diaphragms as these are machine tuned individually to carry the necessary chord. Sending a replacement diaphragm would mean that you would need that necessary machine to re-tune the horn properly to get the correct chord it comes with.

Hope this helps.

You can say that again!! (Pain in the butt, Horn in the Butt)

I personally own three sets of Shockers & have only ever had one ā€œSquealerā€ which was replaced by Rigo free of charge plus shipping.
I also have lost count of the Shockers kits I have sold over here & to date have not had any problems with any of them! (fingers crossed):smiley:

Thanks, Angie. That seems fair ā€¦ and your verbal indication that they donā€™t come back for retuning much also provided the confidence I needed to take the Shocker plunge.

all 4 horns are still functioning strong! Once I get some Nathanā€™s I will be installing the shockers on a 1993 Lexus LS400. Gonna be challenging. I love a good Challenge. :smiley:

Hello. Not to step on anybodies toes or start any arguments, being a warranty is involved. But yes you can tune them with adjusting the allen screw on the back caps. I have many times. I make custom bells to Nathan/Airchimes chords. All you are doing is putting pressure on the diaphragm to the air pressure. Like stated if itā€™s covered by warranty send it in get another. If not leave me a PM and will walk you through it.

No toes stepped on here, Iā€™m pretty much a Diy guy. Something breaks I like to fix it. I did not take the horn apart, all I did was hook the squaking horn up by it self and honk it then turn the allen screw little by little until it sounded right again. Simple procedure.

Great you did it correctly. Also, when all together blowing, see how the bell sounds. You will hear a difference. Might have to adjust again. How I adjust is a 1/16" at a time. I have did some custom work with the company that manufacures them for HB.

Yeah, Maybe when I take them off of my truck sometime in the future (During some Maintenance) I will try that. Iā€™m pretty much still under doctor orders to ā€œTake it Easy!ā€. lol

From the manufacture; " any components are available individually. However, the diaphragm does not normally wear out, due to use, within 20 years or so. The only need for replacement Iā€™ve seen is due to damage - someone pokes a hole with a sharp rod or something like that."

So I guess you can buy new diaphragms if that is ever the problem. How you would take apart the horns and put them back together, Iā€™m not sure

I recently acquired this.

It has the exact same size diaphragms as the shockers. It was actually pretty easy except I really donā€™t recommend taking apart shockers unless you HAVE to.

May I know what this is? The photo isnā€™t loading so I canā€™t even view it