I am not the Only Hornblaster around here!

I was In Paso Robles, CA today getting gas and someone in an 18 wheeler had a Nathan Airchime and was showing it off! Me? Well, you all know what happened next, I sounded the shockers off and after that I was greeted by someone who also has shockers on their truck that was parked right next to me! :smiley: I wonder if they are on here?

That wouldā€™ve been great to get on video :slight_smile:

Wow that would have been a nice video. Dont you hate it when you dont have the cam at the right moment and it almost always happens that way too!! I swear I am about make a camera mount and just leave it on record for a day!

Pretty much tried that. Camera died after an hour. lol! Guess I am gonna have to rig up my Inverter.

Heh, my dash cam is always on (and always in the window) ā€“ but I have sound intentionally disabled on it. Is there a reason you good folks donā€™t leave yours on? They donā€™t draw a lot of powerā€¦

Iā€™ve got mine wired into a dual battery kit through an isolator switch, so itā€™s always on unless I forget to turn it on in the first place

well,

1. I do not own a dash cam at this moment. I was gonna buy one but had to spend the money I saved for the dash cam on a new Radiator.

2. I have a JVC Evrio that I hooked up once. I left the Inverter on all night by accident and came out the next morning greeted by a loud ā€œsqueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeā€¦ā€ I had to get a jump that morning.

Ugh, youā€™ve gotta hate unexpected expensesā€¦

Yep, Specially that this is the third Radiator in a row for 3 years that has blown up. Did I flush the block? Yes, Did I put fresh antifreeze in? Yes. And a new radiator cap. They just donā€™t build things to last anymore. (Sorry, Had to vent a bit) anyway. That was also money that I was saving for some Nathans. :mad: But, I will have to wait longer for those now. :rolleyes:

If the radiator says MADE IN CHINA you have a problem.

Like these?

I know weā€™re now well off topic, but Iā€™m curious what brand(s) you used. Last year I did a cooling upgrade (efans + bigger/optional 34" radiator size) in my 2004 Sierra 1500. I used a Spectra premium radiator since it was cheaper than OEM. It was made in Canada, and Iā€™ve had no issues, so far. Maybe park the brand name in the back of your brain in case you need to do another one; letā€™s hope not!

The First two I bought from the local Auto parts stores. One was from Oriley Auto parts (The Really nice Quad Core Radiator) The second one was from Napa Auto parts. The One I now have installed is from Rock Auto, it ran me $105.00 the other two? Quad core $230.00. The One from napa $135.00. RIP OFF! that is the last time I ever Shop local for any auto parts here! Anyway, sorry for getting off topic. I did remove my A/C Condenser and Explain about it in this forum thread here: https://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?p=68818#post68818

I will be updating it in a bit. I took a pic of How cool my truck runs now. Also, Thinking of installing a new Transmission cooler along with an electric fan.

How about the lady that was parked between us? She didnā€™t look too thrilled when you sounded your horn so I waited until I was headed out of the Shell station before I sounded off!

If I recall your truck was white with a dark colored shell.

I definitely need the cucaracha horn!

AH! I knew it had to be someone from here. Dark shell?

I think the tinted windows throw it off. :stuck_out_tongue:

I must have been blinded by all the horning! Iā€™ll keep an eye out for ya, donā€™t let me catch ya sleepin!

I tried to pick up a 175psi pressure switch today from Paso Truck Center but they couldnā€™t even get them. He did note that 175psi is high and that most are just 150 like my current one. Are your tanks rated for 200? Mine are only 150 so I should probably stick with what I have unless I upgrade tanks. Next I want a K5!

I want a K5 also! btw, I got my pressure switch from Taps Truck and auto. They installed my air system on my truck. The tank is rated for 200psi. I would also might consider a Leslie S5T thats if and when my Grandpas house sells In Ventura though.