I figure the heck with it, I gotta get going!!!

So after all the kicking around and looking at a zillion systems, I’m going to just pull the trigger and get a Viair system not an EDC.

I went to the HB website and loaded up my cart. They don’t offer the 444 dual system in a package so I started building a kit. Added a tank, twin compressors, 1/2" line, pressure switch, wait a minute, where do I get fittings? I better call…

So I called and a nice gal answered but she must have had other things on her mind because she didn’t help very much. I asked if we can build a kit and she said sure, started adding numbers and said it will cost me $499. Wait a minute, I want to run a 150 psi pressure switch so I don’t have to run a regulator on my K3’s, she says okay we’ll change that. Then I asked how much air line she was including, she said ten feet, well I’ll need more than that, and how much wire and what about a valve, and in the end, I said maybe I’ll have to figure this out on my own. I don’t think there’s any discount to getting a kit, all the stuff costs the same anyway so I better be sure I want all those extra parts.

Maybe I should have talked to a tech. For a first system I figured I’d be asked where I’d mount it, how far the runs for power and air will be, will I want a GW valve or solenoid, what kind of horns I will be using etc.

I guess I’ll look around. I think I want the 444’s running at 150psi, and if I have to piece stuff together anyway I probably should shop everything else locally. I’d hate to buy a lot of parts I won’t need but are included in a kit, like that solenoid I don’t want.

I think Garrett or Rigo should be able to help you, they usually answer the phones anyway.

Call at the end of the day, you’ll get them. Very helpful

I’ll probably buy some stuff from them anyway, I just wish it was easier to figure out what I need. I’ll try to map everything out first then ask for one of those two when I call again and see if I can get everything ordered.

It just seemed like I was bothering the gal I talked to… Made me want to hang up right away! You know that feeling? When you are sure the other person has more important things to do and you are bothering them? :frowning:

Well I called and ordered my kit for my K5s and the valve kit they sent was for a shocker xl, which was suppose to be 3 ptc an a 4 port for each individual horn. Well I got 2ptc and the 4 port. So I didn’t need the 4 port and was short 1 ptc that was suppose to be in the kit already. Well I got it all worked out today so that’s the last parts I needed.

Make sure if you run dual compressors get a pressure switch from hb with the 2 relays built in. Will make it easier. Got mine today!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk.

Just ask for Garrett. He’ll walk you through the whole system.

^^
Ditto.

If not Garrett. Rigo, Matt, pretty much anyone Ive talked to knows what they are doing.

And as far as I know the 444 viar do come in a dual kit ask Garrett about it.

cummins - I think he was meaning the dual 444c’s aren’t offered in a train horn kit, including tank, etc. I think the kits usually have 480c comps in them.

That’s one of the reasons I ordered over the phone myself…so I could custom build my setup with their help.