I'm back!!!!! Install on my GMC Denali

Sorry for this old bump, but aren’t the compressors supposed to be mounted right side up and above the tank for moisture purposes?

Welcome to the forum. Oil-less compressors can be mounted in any direction except upside down due to heat. Mounting above the tank is for moisture purposes.

Sorry for bumping this, but to the original poster…how did you mount the air tank? It looks like some sort of custom bracket.

Thanks!

To be honest, I don’t remember 100%. I believe I used one of the threaded bolts from the spare tire mount for one side, and used a modified piece of an angle bracket to give the other side some support (the tank would have been fine with just the one bolt, it was a very SOLID mount).

I installed and removed all this stuff long enough ago I don’t recall 100%. Sorry. :o

Careful, D1ck – your age is showing! :rolleyes:

Surreal

P.S. The website automatically changed the shortened version of your name back to Richard, which made me laugh … and edit this post to overcome it. :cool:

I need some kind of mount for my P3- I’d like to put it in the spare tire area- Suggestions ?