Well folks, I have SORELY missed my P3’s. I decided to change things up after buying a new house…so I sold my Trailblazer SS, and obviously kept all of my equipment.
I bought this GMC Denali a few months back. I tinted the front windows to match the rear factory tint, added Cadillac ESV 22" wheels (since they look factory), and the only other mod I have planned was the horns. One day anyways.
Today was the day. I finally gathered my parts for my pump together, since I decided to take it all apart to figure out why it wouldn’t work (it stopped working the week I sold my truck). Packaged it all up and sent it to Viair, who found the stainless braided feed hose had a stuck check valve. They replaced the exhaust manifold which was also stuck, and removed the broken bolts from the cap with the brushes (the loooooong bolts that go through the magnet cylinder broke off). Viair fixed the pump in a couple of days, and shipped it back. Their customer service is SUPERB. Soooooo, been waiting to kick the flu for 5 days. Today, December 21st, 2013…in NC, it was over 70 degrees.
Excuse the mud. I went to a national motocross race a couple weeks before selling the Trailblazer, there was near flooding conditions at the track…as you can tell.
First things first, spare tire removed…and I had to remove the spare tire holder to get enough real estate to work with.
Tank bolted in place, pump hanging temporarily to test fit…
Took a break from being upside down, wired in my switches. I decided to wire this like my TB, so I used a toggle switch for compressor control (I control the supply to my Hornblasters pressure switch), and a momentary button for my horns…both switches control the ground side of the circuit. The momentary button had tiny terminals, so I soldered them.
You don’t realize how dirty your vehicle is until you take pics like this! Switches all mounted, I can close the lid to conceal them.
Horns ziptied in for final test fit, they are now bolted in place. I actually have a u-bolt going around a cylindrical lateral subframe connector, couldn’t be any more perfect for this application.
Update: 12/31…Finally got a little video today!