Issue with wiring dual 380's

I bought another members 380c he was selling and finally got the chance to install today…

I was going off of This hB 380c dual compressor diapgram…

Here is what the install looks like… Sorry its dark but finished up late.

And here is the way i wired it up… I did a rough sketch on paper (and when i say rough i’m not lying :smiley:

The issue i am having is the one compressor turns off when it got to pressure (145-6ish psi) But the other one (the one i added on) stays running. And Then the weirdest part, after i shut engine off (everything shut off) I turned it back on and both compressors kicked on, But the pressure in tank was not moving… Stayed at 146 ish psi… :confused:

Now the one thing i can think is maybe the compressor i added on is not kicking off because it dosent have its own pressure switch?? And maybe when the one kicks off, the other one is back feeding through my dist. block into the other to turn it back on???

But why would the pressure not be moving?

I am not great at 12v wiring but know basics… I think i need more that basic help here… Or maybe to simplify it all buy a HBdual relay pressure switch.

Ok, not sure about the pressure thing, but you need to move a wire.

The trigger wire on the second relay needs to be moved/spliced into the main red 12v compressor wire coming out of the pressure switch/relay.

Right now, relay 2 is being triggered purely by the ignition source.

Nice drawing -lol- and the install is looking good too.

So the trigger wire on relay 2 has to be connected to the compressor load wire coming out of the relay 1 pressure switch / relay box? Which is a white wire (compressor load)…

If it went to the red one, that is a 12v fused ign source. So wouldnt the compressor just turn on then ?

That somewhat makes sense now since when the first compressor turns on, it till trigger the load wore going to compressor 1 to run and relay 2 would have the trigger to turn on compressor 2… I think, lol.

Thanx on the drawing. I tried to do it in paint shop and got aggrevated and went back to pen and paper. After a couple drinks i might have got out the crayons, hahaha.

Prob the most boring vid ever, but i took this when i first got both going … was like harmony, lol

click the pic and it will take you to vid

Yes the compressor load wire from relay/pressure switch 1 will trigger relay 2.
I said red wire because of your drawing of relay 1…“going to compressor - red 12v wire”
Anyways, whatever color it is…

I know you’re excited!
Kinda sounds like an R/C place with twin engines. lol

LOL, you got me there… but it is actually red coming out of compressor and white coming out of pressure switch. Thats where the confussion is…

So i can just use a tap and go right into it. That should be simple enough. I’d like to go do it now but its raining … and its midnight, lol

Ok. So I got that one wire moved and it turns on and off now perfect now with the pressure switch. Now the problem is it is not pumping. The compressor makes noise but it does not get warm nor when I take the inlet filter off there is no suction like on my other unit???

Check valve wrong direction? Or stuck?
Wired backwards? lol

Nah its gotta be something else like a bad gasket inside or something… It ran, but did not get warm (stayed cold actually) and there was no suction through the filter inlet port.

I already talked to the seller (Nick- “The Beast” ) And he took care of it. Great guy…
Thanx again. I will continue my search for another 380c at a decent price…
Or maybe 2 brand new air zeniths :smiley:

http://www.trainhornforums.com/album.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1248
Is there a problem with that install and wiring digram? For a single 380c
Cheers Blakey:rolleyes:

Looks ok to me.
It might be easier to put your toggle switch between your ignition source and the pressure switch. Just depends where you mount the relay and the switch.