I've been issued a section 59!

Hello there guys, so as you know I’ve posted a few stories now,
So today I was driving home, I was with my girl, and we drove passed Crosskeys college once again, she saw some of her friends there and told me to toot my shockers, so being the obliging guy I am, I gave a quick toot to them, about 250 meters down the road was a cop waiting for me, there was a car infront of me which the police officer told to go the other way and told me to pull in behind him, obviously I did, I stopped behind him and turned my engine off and took my keys out
He came up to my window and asked me if I was the one with the train horns, I tried lying my way out of this, I told him that I only have my stock horn and beeped my stock her, his face wasn’t impressed, he then said that he had CCTV of my car and the horns going off, so he asked me again if I had train horns, I then proceeded to tell him that I did have train horns and that it was me who did the horn passed college.
He then told me to get out of my car and step into the back of his, obviously I did that, he went on to say that there was 3 statements about my car and how I was the one’s with the horns, he also said about CCTV footage on my car, he then told me that he was giving me a Section 59 and that if I was caught with the horns going off again that my car would be taken off me and inpounded.

I don’t think many people around here can take a good old joke!

Here’s the picture of the Section 59! Obviously my address and number have been blocked out.

Wow, That sucks dude. If I were you i would try to find something in your township/county/municipality about the legal limit of horns and what not… something to back yourself up if you would get caught again. Best of luck to ya

Damn that sucks, guess you gotta be careful around there :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy birthday!

Lol

Notice that the officer wrote the wrong date in the bottom corner.

People getting the sh!ts with loud horns… who would’ve thunk it!

Looks like it’s £150 to get your car back if you do get it seized, so unless you’re loaded with cash, you’re probably going to have to be a bit more discrete around your local area.

Hahaha that’s awesome. Wonder if you could use that against the officer and make it like you never got one. Also on public cameras unless you are informed aren’t they not allowed to record sound? Or is it different there?

Sent from my shocker horn using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, interesting that Orion committed this horrible infraction on the day he was born lol. Like, he went back in time to kill himself to stop the apocalypse, but stopped to horn his “old” school on the way to the hospital where he was born, and arrived too late to stop himself being born because of getting a citation :stuck_out_tongue:

In any case, I find the officer stating he has CCTV of Orion honking his horn rather troubling. Not knowing what state/country Orion lives in, this may bring up some interesting implications.

Was the officer talking about a recording of CCTV sometime in the past, or was he talking about right before Orion received the citation?

Was the CCTV state-funded or private?
As grippin said, what are the laws of audio-recording on CCTV where Orion is at?

Did the officer lie to Orion about the CCTV to get him to admit he had the horn? In most jurisdictions, LEOs (Law Enforcement Officers) ARE allowed to lie to suspects to get a confession. The fact he had to ask Orion TWICE if he had the horn is leading me in this direction.

In certain states, an officer does NOT need a warrant to search a vehicle if he has “probable cause” that an occupant in the vehicle has committed, is in the process of committing, or will commit a crime. However, there is also this little thing called “reasonable suspicion” that some LEOs are starting to use to search/detain people/vehicles for short periods of time, and this also has its own implications.

Of course, none of the answers from the above questions will be enough to completely exonerate Orion. That date on the bottom, however, might, if Orion gets a lawyer. MIGHT.

The agency this officer is from has more than likely received several complaints about Orion’s vehicle, its horn, and the prominent location at which this horn is being used…the agency had then posted an officer in view of this location. The officer saw Orion’s vehicle (of which he has a description), he heard the noise Orion’s horn produced, he probably even noted the reactions of nearby pedestrians, and concluded that Orion’s vehicle may be the vehicle he is looking for. The subsequent contact with and confession from Orion pretty much sealed the deal.

And if it DIDN’T seal the deal, I’m pretty sure the information contained in this thread (and others), complete with a nice picture containing a citation with Orion’s name, DOB, and other information, will be more than enough to advance legal proceedings if it ever comes to that.

I always look for cops. If I see one in a area close to where I horn a lot I Flip open a solenoid to quickly drain all air pressure out of my air system. So If the cop decides to pull me over and try to get me to sound off the big horns, i just say. “They do not work.” In your case depending on where you live, be careful and look around for any law enforcement before sounding or check your local noise laws. Luckily for me when I was busted it was on my bicycle and there were no horn laws or loud music system laws for any bicycle’s. There could be some great loop holes there. :smiley:

Should just use a toggle “kill” switch so you don’t have to wait minutes to recharge your tank.

From what I understand about some horn laws is that you can be cited for using your horn in situations where there is no need to use it. I.E. honking at someone sitting at a green light is permitted while honking at someone on the street or just randomly will get you lit up.

Ah gutted mate, sound like a right bunch of boring sods down there eh? Also apart from the date error, the officer just uses one name. Is that last or first name for them? Yeah…clutching at straws i guess…

But, you need to be careful when driving about too, anything like spinning the wheels at traffic lights when pulling off etc can also be classed as ‘inconsiderate driving’ and all that shite and as your number plate has a section 59 against it, the old bill will be keeping an eye out.

Save up £150 bud, as the arseholes will be out to get you now for anything. They say they don’t bully cars into speeding on the M6 toll road, but i see it regular. Undercover Audi pushing a BMW 5 series, so Beemer man floors it. Moments later, blues and twos come on…nicked. They’re wankers mate (the old bill) they say they don’t do stuff like this but they do.

Take it easy out there mate!

true. back when I just had a set of electric Delco Remy Horns off of a cadillac on my bicycle, I honked right in front of a cop. The cop looked right at the car next to me, (No one was in it.) and he had a puzzled look on his face. :smiley: Yeah I avoid honking around cops now days since I have a much bigger and louder horn an the fact I have a York 210 Compressor sticking out of the side of my bicycle trailer. :smiley:

I’m still waiting for the day I get tugged by the old bill! Theres no way I could deny having train horns lol :smiley: