Just bought a 3 horn setup and need help with Parts...

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here… I had a 2003 Tacoma with a Hornblaster setup and my truck was stolen in Tacoma, WA (ironic I know, but true)… luckily insurance on Toyota’s is great and gave me way more than I paid for my truck in 2009, so I bought a 2013 Tacoma access cab this past March 2016!
I miss my horn from my last truck, but have been on the lookout for one for my new truck and found it! it’s a real (stainless steel material I’m guessing) 3 horn set up… and a lot heavier than hornblasters plastic trumpets…
Since I only have the horns, I was hoping someone could offer a list of supplies for my New setup… hoses, tank (thinking 5 gallon, but maybe less if price is right), compressor (what psi), hoses, cables, connectors, switches, and anything else… I looked on the hornblasters website, but want to be sure I have the correct amps, circuits, relays, control valves, etc before I start buying stuff online… I installed my last horn setup, but when it comes to electrical, I’m not a professional by any means…
Here are a few pics of my setup that I received today… I don’t see any names or markings on them, but haven’t had a chance to clean them up yet… anyone know just from looking what kind they are or what they actually sound like?!! I’d like to install these as soon as possible with the correct materials without breaking the bank…
Thanks for the help!

First question, is vinegar okay to clean horns with?! They’re dirty and wanted to clean them up before install… I looked up how to clean stainless steel and it said with vinegar, but not even sure these are stainless steel… any suggestions?! also, uploaded two pics of horns from my google images and they don’t show up… I added image and pasted html link but maybe they just have to be approved first…??! Thanks

There’s a lot of staining and pitting so it’s safe to assume the finish is going to need some work.

You could try vinegar but some Bar Keeper’s Friends (liquid version for stainless steel appliances) would be the best choice.

You can also try either Brasso, Nevr-Dull, or Wenol (red, not blue) to get the finish to come back.

-Kris

Thanks! They will be ‘hidden’ anyway, but just wanted to clean them up a little for install…

what is small solenoid piece with the two wires coming out of it??! is this the pressure switch?!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for install or what to buy…?! Tank, compressor, wires, switches, etc… anything helps! Thank you!

It looks like the solenoid to blow the horns, but test it by putting power to it.

For parts, see my install thread in my signature block. That would be a good place to start and then we can start building your kit.

-Kris

M1 has you on the right track. That bit with the wires is your air solenoid. 12V on one side, earth/ground to the other and she should pop open. You can test it without air (you should hear distinct clicking sound as you apply power)

Tank, compressor etc should be all easily purchased through Hornblasters - just give them a call or buy an air kit from the “Shop Online” link at the top of the forum.

^ This.

And post up your parts list before your order, and then call them once your parts list is complete. They’ve been known to add some stickers and give you a deal on parts and shipping.

-Kris