k3/k5 installation in my crown vic

Are you talkin about the lighter colored piece at the top of the picture? I think that’s just a crooked cut of the trunk floor, I don’t think it’s the sheet metal falling.

no that’s part of the trunk I didn’t cut out because that’s where the bracket is for the trunk to latch

this…

all of the sheetmetal i put in is painted gloss mirror black

Ok I see it now, it just looked like it was falling but its the way the sheet metal is cut.

Tidy install dude… And you still have a usable boot!:smiley:

Is it not true that if the horns are pointed at the floor they are louder? However, would it not also be the case that with directional horns the echos are much better?:confused:

Thats a dang good question Stink. If im gonna horn and I want it to be heard clearly over a distance, why would I point it at the ground?

Echoes are much better in unidirectional install. One reason its hard to give up my car with the install I have. Anyone wanna buy 2 K5’s. 13,500 Free neon srt-4 included.

I still havent heard this car, Curt? Why you holdin out?

Actually I think you are right…the sound just bounces off everything around you etc etc

Where as…

Directional installs I suppose are better for distance, hence why the trains have them facing forward?

Trains have them facing forward and reversed :smiley:

*Pete sighs… how am I supposed to know that lol…:o

Its still lateral. Not pointing down at the ground is the point. lol I mean, when you’re standing next to my truck, you can feel it in the ground and in your clothes and mine are facing forward so…

Look. lol.

On a sidenote, if your horns aint flat out in the open, the train is still gonna have more balls.

So not to bring up an old thread, but what size tank do you have mounted in the trunk? Got a 98’ crown vic coming this week and I think the horns will be one of the first mods!