K3LA, 8.5 gallon tank, Chevy S10

doesnt bother me if it wont effect the sound. lol

Quick question…noticed a guy was running his air through the two side ports on a k3ha…could you run the air through the middle and two side ports? Or just the on in the middle?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

another question, i CAN NOT find a 1/2 NPT to 5/8 hose fitting. anyone care to help ? lol

stay away from the swivel fittings tho… The ID is reduced with the swivel.

Check your pm’s again. Airridefittings dot com has them

What about the question about the ports on the side of the manifold?

1/2" NPT to 5/8" hose barb?
It was either Home Depot or Lowes that I got mine.

i was looking for compression fitttings and had talked to cumminshunter before about it and forgot. lol thanks though

Ya - so many kinds…
Compression fittings would be for tubing.

Could I not use compression fittings for the airline? Have a male fitting on one end and a compression fitting on the other?

Yes. I was just saying it’s tubing not hose. When you mentioned hose earlier that requires a barb. Then clarified you wanted compression fittings so that indicates tubing.

So you can get male NPT x hose barb or male NPT x compression

Are you using the 5/8" DOT tubing like 06z71silvy?

EDIT: Follow the link that Cumminshunter posted. They have them in brass fittings.

sorry i meant DOT airline tubing. i was planning on running 5/8 tubing with 1/2 NPT to 5/8 compression fittings. i think this would be the best flow/least restriction in the setup. i know i could run up to 3/4 line and valve, i just see no sense in it since the horn fitting and tank are both 1/2

Not sure if you live by any cold weather, but i found that when cold weather hits, it will find any and all leaks in compression fittings.

The main problem with compression fittings is the tubing you are using is so thick that you must put a lot of pressure on the fitting to seal it properly… and i broke MANY fittings jsut trying to install them. Also being on a vehicle constantly bouncing and moving around, the compression has a tendency to pull out especially when having 150-200 psi forcing it.

Compression fittings are a one time use, of you need to buy a new ferrule .

I switched my whole setup over to PTC and love em!

PTC is the way to go… Very easy to install, and if you need to take back apart its a simple pull and it releases tube.

http://www.airridefittings.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_21

did you switch them from compression fittings?

really wanna do 3/4 valve and 3/4 hose, but i cant find a 3/4 to 1/2 male elbow or fitting to attach the valve the closest to the horn

3/4 tube to 1/2 npt elbow

click the link in my previous post… all fittings there.

yes i started off with compression and had nothing but problems. I bought at least $100 + in compression fittings and ended up tossing most after i redid everything. PTC are a proven awesome fitting and unless you experience the ease of use and dependability, you wont know how much better they are than compression.

i was REALLy wanting to do a 1/2 to 3/4 90 at the horn and attach the valve right at the horn without any hose between the valve and horn. i guess i could do it a foot away, was really trying to keep fittings at a minimum. guess im just gonna do 1/2 fittings to keep cost down and keep it simple with 5/8 line.

You could use this:
http://www.airridefittings.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_69_22&products_id=101
And connect the valve with a 3/4" pipe nipple that is 2-3" long

hmmmm does the street elbow have threads on it? bc i saw that, it just looked like it was a barbed fitting kind. so i could get a 3/4 to 3/4 coupler like this

http://www.airridefittings.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_69_3&products_id=83

yes that street elbow is 1 female NPT thread & 1 male NPT thread.

yes that is what I meant - that is a “close nipple” or “hex nipple”.

You just have to get one long enough so your valve doesn’t hit the horn flange.
That street elbow looks pretty small & that valve would/will be kind of big.