K5LA covers

I got my K5LA set coming and need to find some covers, any suggestions on making them?

I might be able to find you some. I’ll ask my “contact” and let ya know:D

HornBlasters carries them. They’re not listed online but if you call during their regular office hours (10-6pm EST mon-fri) you’ll be able to buy some.

Tiernan , how much are said bonnets going for ? have k3la if that makes a diff in bell size. :smiley:

look at my covers i made mine…

and i got 15 dollers in them…

hey johnny , those look good .are they metal or plastic??

metal go to lowes or home depot… its called screen, comes in like a 3x3 sheet about 20 bucks, lay the horns on it one at a time… trace them with a sharpie marker… cut them out with tin snips… lay them on the horns… press them in about a 1/4 inch from the ends so they go with the shape of the horn… make them drill through the bells… and tap them and put small small screws in them… DONE… i painted mine to the color of the horns…

excellent ! thank you sir!:smiley:

metal go to lowes or home depot… its called screen, comes in like a 3x3 sheet about 20 bucks, lay the horns on it one at a time… trace them with a sharpie marker… cut them out with tin snips… lay them on the horns… press them in about a 1/4 inch from the ends so they go with the shape of the horn… make them drill through the bells… and tap them and put small small screws in them… DONE… i painted mine to the color of the horns…

Does that change the tone of the horn since they have been drilled and tapped Seems lke it would not resonate the same since they are fixed to the bell.

How much are the slip on covers through Hornblasters?

No it shouldn’t change the tone or pitch of the bells. Several railroads put their snow cones on this way.

Ok thanks, I will call Hornblasters tomorrow and see how much the airchime covers are. I guess I could build a window type frame with heavy screen to place in front of the whole K5LA Unit.

it would look like poop tho just do it like i did if u do it…

it would look like poop tho just do it like i did if u do it…

Ok, Ok…I called hornblasters and talked to acrorigo and he fixed me up with the blue bonnets for my K5LA. I also had him throw in some stickers and a pair of coolies.

Sorry for the delayed response. They are $15 each but no drilling required =)

Sorry for the delayed response. They are $15 each but no drilling required =)

Thanks, I will do a charge back on my Credit Card once I get the bonnets in the mail…LOL…:smiley:

Does hornblasters sell bell covers for the black 4 horn sets? If so how much Tiernan?

Unfortunately we don’t right now :-/

Possibly by winter do you think you guys will have em?