K5LA Help!!!

Is $800 a good price for a set of K5LA’s? They are in really good condition and new diaphrams, unpainted condition with nathatn airchime tag, I have not see them in person but know a guy who is selling them.

I was wondering how the air line hooks into the manifold on a set of K5LA? I see on the manifold there is a 4 hole (circular) mounting bracket built into the bottom of it, does the air hose go into the bottom of this flange? I was wondering how you would put a fitting on the end of this flange and still be able to screw it to a plate or something. Is there a port on the side n which the air hose can be connected? Do you need to fabricate a bracket mount? I am goingto mount them horizontal parallel to the ground facing forward where my spare tre was located undneath my truck. The same place that I have my current Conductor Series mounted (see pic)

This is how the K5LA will be mounted:

The only way you can flush mount it is by drilling a hole underneath the mount and running the line through there. $800 seems to be a good price, I’d definitely go check it out though. Look down each bell and make sure the diaphragms look nice and shiny. Check all 5 bells and make sure they are corrosion free and check the manifold for the same. And most importantly, TELL HIM TO LET YOU HEAR THEM. Hate to pay that much and them not work. If you wanted to get really specific when examining them, you could take the back caps off and make sure there’s 2 diaphragms and a cushion ring in each bell. Anyways, good luck!

Oh and some people advise against mounting them forward underneath the vehicle. Water, dirt, junk off the road, etc. can wear out diaphragms and the nozzle alot quicker than if they were facing behind you. Oh, you can check around and get some bonnets for them though. It will help keep rocks and stuff out but it won’t do much for dirt and water, etc. I think Scaredu has some on his bells.

No doubt $800.00 is a great price for k5’s. seems like the only time I see those kind of prices are when I don’t have the cash! oh well…:frowning:

ya thats a good price…, but def. hear it blow first…

Oh and some people advise against mounting them forward underneath the vehicle. Water, dirt, junk off the road, etc. can wear out diaphragms and the nozzle alot quicker than if they were facing behind you. Oh, you can check around and get some bonnets for them though. It will help keep rocks and stuff out but it won’t do much for dirt and water, etc. I think Scaredu has some on his bells.

Will they be just as loud facing backwards? I tend to blow them at people in front of me. I have the 4-Horn set mounted up in my spare tire location and they are tucked underneath, plus the trucks rear axle in blocking alot of debris from entering in the horns.

trust me those k5’s will be loud no matter where they are mounted externally on your vehicle.:cool:

X2… You won’t have any problem being heard.

yeah mount them anyway u want…
bet u 5 bucks u scare ur self the first time u hear em…lol