K5la install on a 01 silverado

if you want to face them forward buy the horn bonnets to keep the rocks and dirt out, hornblasters sells them. if not face them backwards, either way they will be loud! lol

lol they may not clear everything under there, but they may… as long as they fit direction wont matter much

well here is the truck i guess ill need to start on fabbing the plate up. also where u guys think i should put the tank and compressor? where at in my bed close to the cab or what? btw who is slow hatch?

honestly, if you mud/offroad alot i would either put the horns in the bed or on a roof rack, all kinds of stuff will get in them and you will be taking them apart alot. the tank and compressor can go under your fold up backseat (assuming yours has one like the GMC trucks do) or in a tool box

x2…I didn’t know you’d be doin some Off Roading, def. don’t point them Forward. Either point 'em Back, or put them up the the Bed.

you may laugh at this but im just gonna wrap a heavy duty trash bag around them when i do. i know alot of guys that do this and havent had any trouble. bc i dont like anything in my bed but im going to put the compressor and tank in the bed. also i have a custom built box under my back seat with two twelves that takes up all the room. not to mention i wouldnt want a noisy compressor in my cab imo but thanks for the help guys

And make sure the compressor’s air intake is in a dry location, too!

green… email me ill shoot them pics over…

xvolcomjohnx@aol.com

slo hatch on the forums

Cam post pics of that install bud. We all want to check it out.

done homie. new thread posted with pics!

Wtf

hm hi

If you go mudding often, use the fittings supplied with the compressor and route an air line to your intake box. Drill a hole and use a rubber grommet, feed the air line inside and mount the filter INSIDE the intake box. You will never have to worry about drawing dirt or moisture into your compressor (provided you don’t submerge your intake).

na man the tank and compressor are in my bed. out of the mud and water. and when i go mudding i put a trash bag over the horns. u can check out the install on the other thread i posted. im working on fabbing a plate to keep the compressor out of the rain