K5LA Installation

Well, Bixby1980 and myself started my K5LA install and his partial Conductors Set install. I did not realize how HUGE these K5’s were. Here are a few pics, more to come.

Note: Spray can used for size comparison

Here is Bixby1980 (going postal) trying to hold these horns up while I took a few shots. (Note: I still dont know if those are his legs, or if he is riding a chicken)

Note: Mounting plate attached

Here are the horns mounted underneath my 2004 DC Tundra, the horns are tucked under good and you cannot even see them from behind. I used a steel mounting plate bolted directly to the spare tire cross member. There was plenty of room to run the airline and tighten all bolts between the cross member and the underneath side of the truck bed

Work in progress, will add tank to vehicle, and do all wiring hookups this evening, should be “blasting” by this evening. I have to get some more fittings for my pressure gauge and quick disconnect for and additional air line for tire inflation.

Here is a cross section of the 3/4" GoodYear Air Hose

I have the K5LA facing forward, but I was wondering what it would sound like if I took the end two bells and reversed them?

You wouldn’t even be able to tell a difference whatsoever if you reversed two. I still wouldn’t risk mounting them forward. You might be okay but if something goes in them off the road don’t say I didn’t warn ya lol

I had my conductors set mounted forward for 2 years and the diaphrams were as bright and shiney as the day I got them, besides, I got the bonnets coming from hornblasters to cover the bells, so I should be OK, right? If something did go in them for some reason, I can get new diaphrams pretty cheap from a local dealer, what else could go wrong with them? I wonder how loud they would be if I reversed them and you were in front of the vehicle. I know with my Consuctors set they were facing forward and the sound was amplified by coming from underneath the vehicle. I could very easily turn my K5LA set around facing rearwards if I had too.

looks good… haha
he looked like he had trouble holdin those k5las…haha

yea i wouldnt mount them forward…but thats up to u

yea i wouldnt mount them forward…but thats up to u
\

Even with bonnets covering them? The horns are actually tucked underneath the chasis real well and I have the rear axle directly inline with the bells about 10" away. How will it sound if I reversed them facing back compared to forward, especially when I honk at people ahead of me?

i have mine facing reveresed…it doesnt make a difference with these… u can honk at people any which way…still gonna scare them…
plus i like it goin the opposite way, whenever i honk it, people look backwards, and never know it was me…haha
plus i get tail gaters too when driving…

i have mine facing reveresed…it doesnt make a difference with these… u can honk at people any which way…still gonna scare them…
plus i like it goin the opposite way, whenever i honk it, people look backwards, and never know it was me…haha
plus i get tail gaters too when driving…

YOu might have a point, but wont the bonnets I ordered protect them?

the bonnets arent indestructable or anything… they will protect it from from bugs and stuff…but i have mine facing backwards because my vehicle is also lowered to the ground… u may be able to get away with mounting it forward tho…

You can keep them facing forwards. The bonnets will keep small stuff out for sure. The only thing I wouldn’t care for would be water and dust and stuff which the bonnets won’t do anything for. Plus, all the diaphragms I bought for K horns were 50-55 bucks per horn, unless you can get them cheaper and if so let me know your hookup lol. Just trying to save ya a little money.

Buckfever , have a question on your spare removal to mount up your k5’s. did you remount your tpms sensor to keep the light off or are you just letting it light up on constant?

I’m going to take my spare out to mount my k3’s on my Xrunner but I’m down low instaed of raised.:cool: