K5LA Mounting plate and set up

Well, I am trying to get everything in order once my K5LA comes in this week. I got my mounting plate made and ready to mount to my crossmember. I took some ideas from another members gallery on here (Lance), but I did not need the extension, gussets and mounting flange, as this would cause it to hang about 3" lower than it will with this setup. I have plenty of room between my crossmember and the bed for the airline. I have a 2004 DC Tundra, and I believe he has a 2006 DC Tundra. I got my bolts, lock nuts, wire, wire loom, heavy duty teflon tape, buss fuses, and wiring adapters.

Here is a pic of the mounting plate, the center 4 bolts are for the K5LA and the surrounding 4 bolts are the existing bolts that use to hold my spare tire pulley in place and has since been removed. I left the nuts welded to the crossmember and will thread the original bolts back in the opposite direction for added support. I also have four additional bolts (outer 4 bolts) to mount to the existing crossmember as well and into the mounting plate. I believe you could hang a beef from this plate once installed…lol…

looks good man

Thanks, I just hope these K5LA’s blow like everyone says they do!! My HB4H Conductors Set blows hard and it even vibrates the ground next to the vehicle. I have never heard a K5LA other than on a train or on a video in which you cannot get the full effect. I cant wait!!!

oh… you will see how loud it is…

haha ur gonna scare ur self i sware… then once u hear it ur gonna have a bigger smile then the joker does in the dark knight…haha

LMAO aint that the truth!

Sorry I haven’t been able to get back to you. I’ve had to delay my mounting my horns since my mount measurements weren’t correct. I’m hoping to build another mount soon so I can get mine bolted up. I have mine suspended below the mounting plate though, keeping the horn away from the base somewhat… allows for the plate to be bolted up separately of the horn.

Measure Twice, Cut Once! Come on, u should know better… lol jk!

Sorry I haven’t been able to get back to you. I’ve had to delay my mounting my horns since my mount measurements weren’t correct. I’m hoping to build another mount soon so I can get mine bolted up. I have mine suspended below the mounting plate though, keeping the horn away from the base somewhat… allows for the plate to be bolted up separately of the horn

I found that it would be easier to mount the horn base to the metal plate and then bolt the plate to the crossmember, you would have plenty of room for a ratchet above the crossmember and a wrench on the plate. I have a 2004 DC Tundra and I removed the spare tire pulley assembly. I found that your diagram would allow the horn to hang lower than I wanted and I have about 4 inches at least from my crossmember to the bottom of my truck bed, which is plenty of room for the air line. I should have my set delivered tomorrow and it will take me a day or so to get everything mounted up and I will post pics if you would like.

What part of your diagram measurments were off? I used your diagram to have my pattern holes cut 2 inch on center both ways to mount up the the K5LA flange, is this no the correct measurments?

Its not that easy when you’re having the parts laser cut and translating what you need to someone nearly 2,000 miles away man! lol

I removed my spare tire pulley assembly and made a template out of cardboard. I then to this to te fabrication shopdown the road and he charged me $35 to make the plate and the holes, it all lines up perfect and is so solid I could hang a beef from it…lol…

You’re ready for war it looks like with all that stuff setup nicely, i can’t wait to hear your review of the k5la

the mounting plate looks very good.