K5LA set up on simple battery set up.

I have some K5LA which I bought the Hornblaster’s 548 air system kit for. I ended up buying this solenoid http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HW49Y0/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I believe it is the same 1/2" solenoid as the hornblaster generic version. I’m unable to get it to work not sure how as the wires are yellow and blue. Do you know which are ground? Does it need air pressure to work?

I have built a simple wood box to place my horn/compressor/tank set up in. I want to run it off a car battery that I can place inside the box. I plan on charging the battery by a battery charger. The reason I want this set up is so that I can switch the vehicle of the kit super easily. Any idea how many blasts I can get out of a full battery? Any idea on how to wire this up? I have also considered hooking up thick gauge wire from the battery in the box to clips so I can quickly disconnect from different vehicle’s batteries.

The yellow and blue wires are interchangeable. You should hear a clicking sound.

How many vehicles do you want to switch between? If it’s only a couple, just run the heavy wire in each car/truck. You don’t need a battery as part of your kit.

How are you going to move the horns from vehicle to vehicle?

I did not hear a clicking sound but this was just directly to the battery terminals. I ordered two solenoids because one was stuck in shanghai for a month. I’ll check the second one when it arrives in a few days.
I plan on switching between 3 of my own vehicles, and some of my friends. Maybe I could run large wire on my own vehicle to the battery in the box, but when in a friends vehicle just run the battery. The box I built is 2’wide and tall by 3’ long. I plan on placing the tank and battery in the bottom half while having the horns and compressor in the top. I’ll just throw the entire box into the bed of the truck.

Welcome, it looks like ear2ear has you covered.