K5LAs On A 2008 Crewcab Silverado

If that’s the case, why does Windham Machine recommend 110-145 psi? They make them, and I listen to them lol.

my friend put a gauge on his 3 gal tank with a 380c and it also said 220psi. He has the 200 psi shut-off that came with the kit. i thought that was pretty crazy. Ive only seen a +5/-5 difference but not +20/-20.

whats the worst that could happen… HAHA

BooM! ahahah Boom!

its said that the gauges and the sending unit should share a common ground. I’d say do this see if it changes anything?? might be the gauges flaw…

Does it consistantly shut off at 220 or only the first time in the morning? I’ve seen some switches go that high the first time after a long rest but will be right on after that.

It shuts off at 220 every time , Garrett had me check the ground wires and its wired like he said it should be with the common ground. The system works fine other than the high reading? When it warms up I will get some vids to post

My tank stays at 200+ psi, doesnt mean that’s whats going to my horns…regulations. Also note, working for the RR, I know 140 psi, we have larger air reservoirs then just 3-5-8-12 gallons, our tanks are over 100 gallons, and they never go below 125 psi, they stay regulated 140-160, never anything about whats going to the horns, 90-120 psi is basically what we use on any locomotives:

GE C44-9W’s…90-95 psi
EMD SD70ACE’s…100-125 psi
etc…etc.

Then it could be either the switch or the gauge. If your tank is rated for that pressure and you have the output regulated, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

I know about train’s air supplies and the air pressure associated with them. I have several friends and family members who work for the railroad.

No one said anything about regulating the air down from 220 to the horn. I figured if you were building that much pressure in your tank, your were shooting that much to them… plus the fact that you said this:

"Honking horns at 220 psi does not hurt them, unless it’s a Leslie, Nathan’s can handle that pressure just fine, I’ve ran K5LLA and K5HL together on one at 300 psi with my EDC. Great setup BTW! "

sweet setup man!!

-Ant.