Katrina 5 Chime 05 Tahoe

All,

Im a local firefighter looking for the best way to make noise going through intersections. I drive an 05 chevy tahoe and im looking at a set of hornblaster katrina 5 chimes with a 2 gal. viair 228c compressor tank combo deal. How hard is it to make custom mounts? Dose anyone have sugestions for better horns? im new to the train horn business and im looking for the best horns possibl. Dose anyone have mounting ideas? If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

thank you in advance for any and all ideas and sugestions.:slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum mr FireFighterGus:D

A lot of people are going to say, fit K3’s or K5’s, but me I’m going to suggest you start with the 228vx kit, or even push the boat out and get the 540xl kit (more honk time per buck!):smiley: Shockers are awesome, you could go for the 540xl kit and always upgrade and run a set of K3’s at a later date from the same setup:D

If you want flexible and independent horn mounting then I reckon go with the Shockers. I’ve never heard the Katrina other than on YouTube but I can’t imagine they would outshine the Shockers - maybe a HB rep can give a first hand appraisal.

Welcome to the forum. The Shockers are great as starters but many upgrade to K3’s or K5’s eventually.

The Katrinas are slightly louder than the Shockers. Unfortunately with a louder horn, you’re going to have to sacrifice space. If you are worried about space (which with a tahoe, there is a possibility) I would go with the Shocker horns. They are our signature sound, and trust me when I say it, cars will be more than eager to get out of your way when you blast them with a Shocker.

First off, Welcome! I’m a Vol. firefighter up in PA. I would go for the Nathan’s but with a budget in mind the shockers are nice! Better than sirens :smiley:

At first I thought the Katrina 5 chime horn was the same thing as the “b.u.e.l.l. 5-Chime Rail Air Horn” (Google it), but I may be wrong.

I would recommend at least the 240 kit, 228VX has a weak compressor. The 540 kit has a bigger tank along with the better compressor of the 240 kit.