Keep Getting Distracted...

Okay, I keep getting distracted with other people’s stories and installs…

This is just way too cool and I can’t wait to get this on my truck!!!

I just got my Hornblasters Conductor’s Special Shocker 232 XL

Lots of parts!!!

I have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab

I took off the spare tire under my truck bed and that is where I plan to mount the horns, along with the compressor and tank… (seems like more than enough room…)

I would rather NOT wire the horn to my steering wheel horn, but instead install a button (maybe purchased from Radio Shack)…

Does anyone have any install advice, tips, or tricks for this?!!

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jon

That’s easily done, Jon.

Just run the wires for the solenoid into the cab of the truck and hook them up to a push button … you should have one in the kit, but Radio Shack will carry it as well.

-Kris

Sounds like you have ADHD. lol I have my horns on a push button as well. my steering wheel button sometimes doesn’t want to honk the stock horn so Thats why. I would also recommend wiring your compressor to a toggle switch that you can turn off and on also have it wired to where the compressor turns on with the ignition ON only. I drained my battery by leaving the toggle switch on before by accident so thats why I highly recommend it.

Yep, ADHD it is! LOL

Thanks for the tips! The kit came with one toggle on/off switch, but no button… The instructions want me to go thru my steering wheel horn… NOT! So I’ll head to Radio Shack today and get a button…

That was one of my other questions… When the tank is Full, will the compressor automatically shut off or will I have to flip the toggle switch manually?!! I’m planning on putting the tank and compressor under my truck, so not sure I’ll be able to hear it running with my stereo…

I’m planning on pointing the horns back, so less water or dirt can get in the horns…

That’s all I can think of for now, but I’m sure there will be more…

Thanks for the help!

The pressure switch included in your kit shuts off the compressors at 150psi and turns it on at 110psi. The toggle switch is just for stealth or to save your battery when the engine is off.

Hook the trigger wire for the pressure switch / relay to an ignition source.
That way the compressor can only run with the ignition on.
There may be times you want to force it off even if the car is on, which is what the inline toggle switch is for.

But yeah the pressure switch does all the on/off as long as there is power to the trigger wire.

ok, thanx for all the tips! been busy with work and I’m planning on the installation tomorrow… Or at least Laying it out… Not sure yet how I’m going to secure the 4 ‘trumpets’ or how I’m going to run the wires from underneath my truck bed to my dash and to my battery for power… I’m thinking a lot of holes are gonna be drilled…
I guess I’m looking for anyone on here that could suggest the Best or most informative installation ‘Thread’ on this forum… (lots of pictures are good cuz I’m a VISUAL learner…)
I’m NOT going through my steering wheel horn (I bought a button from Radio Shack that’s spring activated, so it doesn’t stay on like a switch)… And I have no idea where in the hell my ignition wires would be to turn off the compressor when my truck is on/off… I’ve installed HID’s, fog lights, stereo head unit, so there’s a ton of stuff plugged into my battery already… I’m pretty good at turning my fog lights off cuz I refused to wire them into my headlights…
So, if anyone has wired their train horn directly from their battery to a switch for the compressor and then a button to blow the horn, I would really like to see how they did it to get some fresh ideas… I’d like this to be done right and I plan on taking my time! I appreciate any input you have to offer!

It’s easiest to find an ignition source in the fuse panel using a test light or meter. The use a fuse tap - also called an “add a circuit”.

Your new momentary button is easy to hook up. Connect one side to a positve battery source and the other side to the solenoid valve (red wire if it has 2 different colors)

My truck cab has ‘vents’ in the rear - right in front of the box. I have lots of wires running in/out without drilling holes. Also some vehicles have a couple rubber plugs/grommets in the floor.

Mounting the compressor under the vehicle is ok but not upside down. When your truck isn’t moving the heat of the compressor has nowhere to go but up so the compressor just gets hotter which will shorten its life. The air intake filter will need to be mounted in a dry location.