Led strobes!

Ok so as mentioned in another thread I recently bought some blue flashing strobes/extra bright LED’s from china. They do them in amber, blue, white & I think she said red.
I got them off ebay for £11.00 ($15.81) delivered from honk konk.

I will only be using them at the car shows I attend each year on our car club stand & not for scaring people on the public road impersonating a police car! *coffs…

Be warned these things are BRIGHT!

Here is the links to the vids… these are the ones I got for the car shows…

This is the vid from the seller…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDxaYsZa4g&feature=player_embedded

This is the ebay page they are on…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TR-2x22-LED-Strobe-Flashing-Grill-Light-Emergency-White_W0QQitemZ370180900356QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item370180900356&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

currently on £0.01p + Postage of £7.99 = UK £8 = 11.5048 US$ just PM her to ask about colours.

Yeah I have a set like these but bigger on my truck.

WOw they are bright… i may have to get a set… i really like ur radio also

Cheers dude! The radio is an original Jap spec one which has a 6cd changer and also has a TV on it…the front screen also can pop out forward for better viewing… (ok so is black & white) but is exactly wot I wanted as it is keeping the car the same as it was when in was exported from Japan to the UK…

Oh and they do do bigger Led light panels as well.

Where are you going to mount those lights?

Hmmmmm…good question… I woz toying with mounting them set deep back in the spoiler next to the radiator, but am thinking they are two low. I got a couple of RC servos somewhere and woz thinking about making them pop up & down.
The other thought I had was to mount them in my sunvisors…some sunvisors have a little mirrors with flaps for the girls to put their make up on. I thought about taking the little vanity mirrors out & mounting them there under the flap, so they could be covered quickly and pushed away out of sight.

I know someone who has them on his Subaru behind the grill and look & work perfect behind there.

More thought needed on this one! So watch this space:D

You know what? I really want these, but I know I’ll end up pulling someone over, so for the sake of not going to jail I will pass on these : (

Yeah I have mine mounted behind my grill on blocks of wood for the right spacing. You’ll probably have to extend those wires though, mine where very short…
What do the mounts for yours look like? Mine are an upside-down L bracket on the top side of the light.
Here’s a couple pics to give you some ideas…:wink:

And here is one of what they look like inside the vehicle. Sorry for the terrible picture.

OmG… They look awesome! Mine have little plastic swivel brackets on them so one could move them up or down. And yeah i’ll have to extend the wiring coz mine are quite short as well! Obviously you aint been caught with these yet… But just be careful mate driving around.

They are for “Show Purposes only”. :wink:

I’ll post some of my light pics when I get a decent camera.

I hope so. Here in pensacola we had a problem with a person in a crown vic pulling people over. I think its a felony. Never caught him tho so…:smiley:

Same problem here except the guy was pulling over middle aged asian men and then telling them over the PA to take articles of clothing off! :confused:

BUT OF COURSE!!! lol lol :wink: :wink:

That made me chuckle!

My car is a fully lit up Police Interceptor Crown Victoria. All legal lights for me though.

hows that?

ehhhhhhhhh… FarmerJiles… I think, by the sound of it he maybe works for the boys in blue??? Lol lol

How cool is that… driving around in an interceptor all day long?:D:D

How bright are they compared to standard tubestyle bulbs?

I’ve got a bunch of Whelen CSP 690 kits and they’re bright as hell :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDXRi1KJrE&feature=channel_page

Put a set on my Cruiser, but I kept it legal :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zus9WjfWALk&feature=channel_page

Quite bright at night time I can light up a street with my Red and Blues. They are bright enough that during the day time if you look at them for more than 5 seconds you’ll be seeing dots.
I’m saving for a Whelen Hide-a-way kit too… For “show purposes” of course…:wink:

I’m going all LED on the truck…