LED Tail Light Thoughts

I’m looking to replace my OEM tail light assemblies on my 08 F350 with LED assemblies (not LED replacement lamps). I’m looking for ones that look as close to OEM as possible, but a lot brighter.

There’s a ton for sale, but I’m having problems figuring out what makes one better than the next - thoughts??

Also, if you have any brand favorites, I would really appreciate your rationale.

THANKS

Recon lights.

www.gorecon.com

Kris

I’ve thought of this route, but when I was looking for roof lights I seemed to read a fair amount of complaints about their products. Though at the same time they do seem to have a lot of fans as well.

Anything in particular with the Recons? Quality, # of LEDs, brightness, warranty, etc.?

All of the above.

The roof light complaints are generally from a botched install and water getting inside them, and we all know what happens to LED’s when they mix with water. They have an almost no questions asked warranty, they do make a good product and stand behind it, and are fairly bright. I have several friends with the line of fire LED light bar, and they rave about them, along with the tail lights and 3rd brake light/bed light.

Kris

different tail lights have different LEDs, superflux which are the square LEDS are much brighter than the circle 5mm. Just know what LEDS they use and products with pics or videos

i just use what cops use… seems to be the best stuff…

http://www.sirennet.com/ is a pretty good website ive used…

do you know where i could get some superflux led tails for my F150?

look on ebay at them, just find the one with square leds

LEDS are much brighter than the circle 5mm. Just know what LEDS they use and products with pics or video flexible led strip

2 year bump!!!

Welcome to the forum.

I think you need to search more online shops. You will get plenty.

Can someone explain me what is core/core exchange, is it bulb?

If you want something close to stock but more bright, why don’t you just keep the stock headlights and install new bulbs. There are basically two options (not counting HID, because they are illegal in many states and you can easily get a ticket for having them in your headlights. So options one - install bright white halogen bulbs something like Philips or Silvania ZXE (can check the comparison). The are slightly brighter than stock halogen bulbs but have that diamond white tint to them which looks very nice. Second option is installing LED bulbs in your high/low beams. they are brighter than halogen bulbs, have that white tint but not as glaring as xenon or HID bulbs, which shouldn’t bring any problems with cops. They also require ballasts like HID lights, but they are much more stable.
I tried aftermarket headlights on my previous 06 Sierra, but they are not really bright, unless you switch the bulbs to something brighter.