Lets fix these leaks.

Well to start my dual relay pressure switch died, 1 Year and 5 days, I really hope Hornblasters covers it.

Now to the leaks, what other fittings can I use these push to connect are clearly garbage and leak lol. Post a link haha

What can I do about this leak?

Have you pulled out the line out of the fitting and looked at the end? If you can see a groove cut from the internal clamp ring on the outside of the hose, that’s probably the most likely cause for pic 1. Cut a small piece of the end so that you have a nice square and clean hose again, then push straight into the fitting. I’ve had a couple of similar leaks like that but it was always fixed by doing the above, but if that fails, try a new fitting I suppose.

For the leader hose in the top of the compressor, definitely go with a hydraulic sealing liquid (like the loctite 545). It needs quite a few hours to cure, temperature dependent (which you can speed up by using an accelerator) but no chance of having a leak after that!

Oh I didnt know I could use 545 on the head of the compressor lol, Everywhere else ive used it works great, not leaks anywhere else! Is there a different type of connector besides PTC?

Put 2 new PTC fittings and new loctite 545, will see whats leaking in a bit!

Ok, I got a question. After searching all the local hardware stores and finding no Loctite 545 I decided to order some online. After searching loctite’s site there is no “545” listed at all…

Where are all of you finding this stuff?!?!?!?!?!

Edit: OK found the MSDS for the 545 on the industrial side of loctite’s site, now just need to figure out how to order…

Don’t know where you are… but also consider visiting a Pirtek store if you have one in your area. They have a fluid called S69 which is basically same type of stuff.
http://www.pirtekusa.com/

Thanks, will have to look, never heard of that store. Also in Central PA

Permatex has their own 545 flavor too.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.permatex.com%2Fcomponent%2Fdocuments%2F%3Fview%3Dtds%26format%3Draw%26filename%3D54540.pdf%26market%3Dautomotive&ei=TbevUfKvF4GvrgH8mIGQAw&usg=AFQjCNHZWwu17bmvNGC_XutWxHf6NqI3iQ&sig2=Csrtt3kGI6KGqW_Mi-Apbg

I wonder which is the cheapest…

And I ordered my Loctite 545 from Amazon.com. It’s prime-eligible and as a prime member that meant free 2-day shipping for me. :slight_smile:

I get it from amazon.

I gave up on those PTC fittings. Switched to all quality compression fittings and regular pipe thread sealant. I guess I’ve been lucky, no leaks.

Funny, I had the exact opposite experience. I had annealed copper hard line and compression fittings and most of the compression fittings leaked like sieves after 1-2 drives (no leaks at the threads, it was always at the olive and only after vibration had been induced; it always tested fine before driving), so I switched to reinforced nylon tubing and high quality, all-brass PTC fittings … and haven’t had a leak since.

:eek:

Still leaking from somewhere, fittings are no longer the problem. Leader hose maybe?

Maybe check valve? Maybe solenoid valve?

I was gonna say check valve as well. Have you checked the tank drain?

I went through and sprayed everything and no bubbles, ill try the check valves next. What a pain haha!