Look what's in my floor as of a few minutes ago!

Neat huh lol It’s a K3HA.

Yeah, it’s not mine lol. It’s actually a cop’s (a friend of mine). I’m just cleaning it up for him. I’ll post up after pics as soon as I’m done!

Nice…is that a bar code on the end of the 2 bell…

Yeah, it’s some kind of inspection tag. It was rebuilt about a year ago.

damn thats niceee

Yeah I wish it were mine lol. I just can’t seem to find anybody at the railroad who can get me a horn :frowning:

you are not looking hard enough

So how can I look harder?

Does he have it on his vehicle? lol I hope so, that’s awesome.

i should have one of those on my floor in a few days

i will recive my k3ha tomorrow ohhhhhhhhhhhh can’t wait lol

ive got one on mine…soon an old cast p3 that will accompany it.

^^^ old cast or new cast

ive got one on mine…soon an old cast p3 that will accompany it.

^^^ old cast or new cast

Are you serious tx???

I’d like to know how to look harder too… I work for CSX and they don’t just give these things away…

How exactly do you get them from the railroad tx??? We would all love to know.

Ugh, I wish more CSX units came through here. Most the ones that have the best horns on them (Leslie’s usually) or the most god-awful horns you will ever hear lol. Union Pacific is the majority and they all have K3’s(yuck) and K5HL’s.

yea 90% of ours are k5la’s but today I had an ex-con engine with a dirty a$$ rs3l that rocked the world… It was too dam loud. I was surprised because it was so filthy.

usually alot of locomotive shops such as UNION PACIFIC shops in texas are still switching from OLD PRIME HORNS AND LESLIES TO NATHAN AIRCHIME K3LAS OR K5HL…AND JUST ASK IF YOU CAN HAVE THOSE OLD HORNS…

I do ask if they can get me horns… but it’s not that easy. Most RR employees know the value of them as well and aren’t too eager to just give them away.

[QUOTE=hornblasters_tx;18151]usually alot of locomotive shops such as UNION PACIFIC shops in texas are still switching from OLD PRIME HORNS AND LESLIES TO NATHAN AIRCHIME K3LAS OR K5HL…AND JUST ASK IF YOU CAN HAVE THOSE OLD HORNS…[/QUOTE

I’ve never heard of a sevice center taking a perfectly good working horn off of a locomotive and just give it away. THEY DONT DO THAT! If so, provide me with the UP service facility that is doing this… I’ll call them right now and tell them I am an engineer and would love nothing more than to have one of their FREE perfectly working horns just so they can replace it with another perfectly working horn. Why all the BS??? Why???

I’ve never heard of a sevice center taking a perfectly good working horn off of a locomotive and just give it away. THEY DONT DO THAT! If so, provide me with the UP service facility that is doing this… I’ll call them right now and tell them I am an engineer and would love nothing more than to have one of their FREE perfectly working horns just so they can replace it with another perfectly working horn. Why all the BS??? Why???