Looking for a truck/SUV

Alright fellas, Im in the market for a truck or suv… basically I really don’t know what to look for - What year is good for which model etc… Ide like to spend $12k or less I want it to be 4x4 drive with an extended/king cab and want it to last a while before it rusts out haha. I wont be hauling much of anything but yea any insight would be helpful… Thanks

For the trucks …

Half, three quarter, or 1 ton?

You gonna be towing anything?

Gas or diesel?

If gas, V-6 or V-8?

For the SUV …

I’d say a late model Yukon or Explorer, but I wouldn’t use either for towing.

-Kris

Dont have a preference for gas or diesel or 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton. and going along with that…

I wont be towing anything extremely heavy other than maybe a trailer full of lawn equipment or the occasional furniture.

v8 or v6… come on haha Ide like something with some power

as for Suv’s ive been looking at Yukon/Tahoe and the 4runner
trucks ive been looking at tacoma/tundra/f150/f250 but am up for any ideas

I would also like have a market for off roading- being in Ky we have a decent amount of trails. -but I really dont want jeep haha

Thanks kris

Cars.com they even have an app if u have a smart phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ive been looking on autotrader/cars.com. just kind of researching at the moment. you know how it goes- need some more room for hornz

Room for horns … hmmmm, I dunno about the SUV’s then. We got any installs on SUV’s?

How much weight will you be towing?

2006 AWD Rav4 v6, and no I’m not kidding.

My avy is for sale…its all setup for horns too…just mount them and go…lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I fit my horns on my accord. im sure ill be able to fit them on just about anything haha

we4leyz ill check out the rav4 havent looked at them at all.

and for towing idk maybe a trailer full of mulch or furniture If I ever move/help someone move. I dont own a boat, or 4 wheeler, or anything remotely heavy. just mostly lawn mowers and other outdoor lawn equipment. haha so diesel I dont really need other than the fact that I find them bad oven lol

The v6 Rav4 can tow up to 3,500lbs with 350lb tongue weight. It has a 14 second 1/4 mile, 0-60 in 6, while still able to get 21 city and 28 highway. It also has a ridiculous amount of cargo capacity for such a small SUV.

I managed to fit my friend’s CBR600 in the back when he broke down one day.

oh damn. haha

Stick with Toyota or Ford. Over 60% of my customers have one of the F series Fords and I usually hear good things about the Tundra & Tacoma.

Nissan Frontier… any thoughts on it. So far im liking the Taco the best then 4runner. haha. still looking for the one that will suit me best

so just stumbling on tacomaworld and found this build… I need to graduate and get a big boy job so I can afford my tastes haha

sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiit

Sweet truck. I’d like to get one but can’t afford it either.

Im pretty sure I would be hopping curbs all the time with that setup. roads would no longer be applicable to me.

Officer: “sir do you know why i pulled you over?”
you: “no, i do not know.”
officer: “well you went over 17 curbs, ran over 9 stop signs.”
you: " ohhhhh is that what those bumps were?"

lol bad convo

So, as some of you know- im mowing lawns as well as have a full time job over the summer. anyways I took my system out so i can fit the mower/blower/weedeater/gas/etc in my trunk. anyways I didnt hook up my compressor wire back and once i got off work, I was driving downtown and what do I see… The motherfin NEWS!.. dang I could have BLASTED her so good- note to self. dont ever disconnect the compressor wire again

Man I need a truck haha make my life so much easier

Oh man, why don’t you at least have a small trailer?

And yeah I would have K3’d it FTW.