make my k5s quieter....

i know i know why have train horns if you want them quiet WTF!! right

well i plan on having a switch for two different valves
1.full blast for those who deserve it and 2.softer volume for everyday use

to make a horn quieter what would be the best way
a pressure regulator? smaller lines and fittings? smaller valve?

all together pressure reg, small fittings, small valve??
ive heard about restictor plates which ive interpreted as just small fittings aka smaller than 1/2 inch

let me know what u guys think

here is a thread from a while back

http://trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=5156

A variable valve would work if they make such a thing otherwise regulate one tank output lower than another and have a switch for separate valves so you can select the appropriate tank output.

Don’t do the restrictor since you still want the ability to let her sing.

If you want to do 2 valves they can be the same. Make a bypass to go around your main valve. In other words, put a tee before and after the main valve. Then run an airline from tee to tee with your 2nd valve AND a ball valve inline. Then you can use one solenoid or the other & adjust (restrict) your flow through the 2nd valve.

Or just run a complete separate line to another port in the manifold & stick a ball valve on it.

Let me know if you need a sketch or anything.

Didn’t think about a simple ball valve to turn it down lol. Thats a simple option
instead of trying different size fittings to get the volume I want.

I currently have two solenoids on the truck any way cus I have the k5s and the shockers but I’m selling the shockers so I’ll have an extra solenoid already hooked up

Ball valve will be a lot cheaper and more reliable than a regulator too

Keep it simple and use a manual valve … no need for all the extra electrical and buttons, just pull a little … or alot.

-Kris

What factory holes did you use to run the air line My cab is probably similar

There are cab drain holes that are covered by tape, and I used these.

Run both of the lines at the same time, just tape them together and push. It helps to remove the drivers seat and slice a small hole in the carpet directly under the seat. Leave enough extra for the manual valve and you’re all set.

I’ll see if I can have my oldest take a picture since I work overseas.

-Kris

I just drilled thru the floor… Not the best situation but necessary to where i had to run my lines.

well using a ball valve worked great still in the trial stage

hey MarineOne thanks for the help i acutally bought a grahm white valve a while back just never installed it