Manual/Electric Valve

Ok so I know ive seen it on here before. Ive tried looking around and using the search function, but still no luck. Im trying to find a valve (preferably 1/2" or larger) that is like a manual Graham valve with an electric solenoid on the opposite side. Can you guys help me out? Thanks

This has been talked about in great detail and I don’t think anyone ever found anything like that… I didn’t even have to search to find it, I just clicked Onboard Air Systems and there it was… http://trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=2260

No I dont mind running airlines in my cab. The handle portion acts like a variable 2 stage but the electric solenoid is simply on/off. The only reason I want the solenoid is to wire it in with my alarm.

This might be the hard way of achieving that, I’m tired after studying hard for a Trig test lol but why not run an electric valve out of a tee on the tank. Then run one to a GW valve or other manual valve. Both valves will run to a tee after but before the horns. This may be way over complicated. Someone else can chime in lol

Just like Hondaguy said… use a couple of “TEE’s” to accomplish it…

You’ll notice the 2 “TEE’s” are in red, and the new air line is in orange, the other air line (valve) is in light blue.

Picture:

Wow, did you just draw that up?! lol

do you really need the steering wheel valve and the manual valve considering they’re both going to the same horns?

when you want more control of the sound you need a manual valve, but when you want to hook up the horns to an alarm / remote you need a solenoid…

i got my shockers and whistle on manual valve and psychoblasters on solenoid hooked up to alarm…

naw, I used one of my old ones… I’m keeping them all in a powerpoint sheet, so that I can just label them, and use which ever one I need later :slight_smile:

Did you use Visio?

Nope, powerpoint… I tried using visio, but couldn’t find the pieces I needed…

Ya I figured id probably go with that T style setup

i have a prop valve off a 92 civic Si if you cant find the integra one.
Let me know if your trying to get it.

Pneumatic newbie here,
Can someone post an example Tee that has the right style of 1/2" holes? It has to be NPT threaded,right, so that you can screw in the fittings into the Tees that will connect the tubes? Or is that the standard so I don’t have to worry about threads?
Can someone also post an example tube fitting that we’d screw into each end of the tee? Thanks

With any luck, I could go to Parkrose hardware or some other store and grab the Tees and fittings if I decide to.

I only found 1/4" tees on Grainger’s website but McMaster-Carr has a bunch of different sizes. They also have just about every tube fitting too.