Monster energy 2012 motocross

I thought I would just share this with you. I recently was approached by Monster Energy Drink after they went on my website and saw the PADDY POWER TRUCK that was on TV.

They wanted a set of Horns to use via remote control at the Belgium 2012 Motocross. They were to signal to the riders & fans that the last lap was up.

They were asking about K3’s, but due to the close proximity of the crowd to the Horns I suggested they went for a 540xl kit instead.

Various emails were exchanged and a set was then express ordered and two days later the Shockers arrived from across the pond on my doormat.

I had to build the tank for them and wire everything up so all they needed to do was connect two wires to a 12v car battery and push in the 1/2" airline on the tank & at the Horns.
I had to deliver the Horns to the Monster Energy warehouse the following morning, so I did not have long to knock up something to mount the Horns onto. The Horns were going to be mounted on top of a stand or one of the coach/trucks.

Heres a few pics.

I have to say, I have trawled through loads of footage & have not heard the Horns being fired off once & I have not heard a dickie bird from Monster Energy since. I just hope there was not a problem as there was a possible order of 8 more kits on the table:confused:

I will keep you posted.:confused:

I hope they like the first one and best of luck with those future orders!

Help a newb out. What is the blue box and the device on the back of the manifold?

Looks good, hope you hear back from them.

Cool stuff!!!

Look close, you can see wires in the sheath. More than likely that is a pressure switch, for automatically controlling the compressor at a minimum/maximum PSI.

^^Pressure switch with built-in relay.

Good luck with the rest of the sales Stinky!

Cheers Guys - Sold another two kits since then :smiley: