Hey all. I’m a new member and this is my first post to this forum. I joined a while back and gathered all of the information needed to know: 1. What I wanted 2. What I needed? to buy and 3. How everything needed to go together.
So I figured I would come back and post how everything went.
I bought a K3 and an 8.5 gallon tank. At first I only had one Air Zenith pump. Fill times were outrageous so after a month or so of constantly listening to the compressor I bought another. I threw a regulator in there to bring down the pressure from 200 to around 160 for the horns. I also installed a chuck after the regulator so I can pump up tires or run an air tool at different pressures.
The horns are jammed up in behind the front bumper facing down for the most part. It was a real pain getting them in there. I had to take them off the original manifold and made adapters by tapping aluminum plate stock for the barbed hose fittings and bolting the plates to the mounting surface of the horn. I bought some hose from Lowe’s. I know it’s not DOT approved line but I haven’t had a single issue with it yet. It’s all 1/2 ID hose with barbed fittings and hose clamps.
Inside the car I originally bought a manual metering valve. Though there really wasn’t any way I could get airlines in there and mount the valve within arm distance with out it looking Jerry rigged. So I opted for an solenoid valve and got a momentary pull switch.
I also had a friend give me a whelen 100w PA speaker from an old fire truck which is mounted under the back of the car. I picked up a cheap siren PA driver and mounted under my seat with Velcro strips.
I gathered almost all the info needed from others installs on this site. Thank you all.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk