My K5HL horn installed

I was real happy with the way everything fit in my spare tire location. Tried to make it look as clean as i could and i think i did a pretty good job with a couple bumps, blood and bruises along the way.

I installed it over the past week and have like 30 pictures of the install incase anybody ever needs ideas on a ram 2500 install.

The blow off valve is flush with my rear bumper. Idecided to save a port for my airbags and didnt use a drain cock instead i put the blowoff valve in place and will drain water just as easy.

Today i installed the GW valve but i need some more 5/8 hose to make it work so im waiting on that.

Here are a couple pics of the setup. Couldnt do many cause of the size.

Looks great and love the color! Looks familiar! :smiley:

Have you found that the bell covers muffle the sound much like I’ve heard others report?

Get a photobucket or imageshack acct and you can upload just about any size you need.

Yeah I dig the colors too. They really stand out altho you can’t see them. The covers I have on them don’t muffle the sound at all. It’s the type of material you use on a prefilter that my GFs mom sewed up for me.

Nice install - nice bracketry.
Are you thinking about remote mounting the air intakes?
Was that you a while back talking about a 10 gallon tank?

Yeah, the tank came out to like 9 gal. 34"x10"dia

So did you have it made locally? I’m having a hard time getting a custom tank made.
Yours calculates to almost 11 gallons minus the rounded ends.

Yeah, its a local trailer shop that repairs steel and aluminum trailers. The guy was going to make it out of metal but then he told me he had some aluminum that was 1/8 and that they have made them in the past. With burst pressure of 700psi. So when it was all said and done he told me that it was 9.25 gallons and that he was only going to charge me his labor and it was 155$

HA HA NICE! My H manifold brother! I love the way them High mounts look anymore. Great job!

heres a couple more from the sides that i resized and cropped for fitment.

Hell yeah! Nice truck with nice horns:D Nice install also. I have a 95 12valve cummins with a K3 under my toolbox facing down through the bed and my K5HL in my bed:D

Sweet setup man…

Get a photobucket account and you’ll be set.

I have a problem. I just checked the gauge an It was at 138psi, I had left the tank full with 152psi on Tuesday afternoon. So I have a leak somewhere but I can’t find it.

Is it normal for the slow leak if the truck and horn isn’t in use? It’s a pretty small leak cause it only dropped 14psi in two days…is that ok or shouldn’t be leaking down at all?

Mine leaks a lot worse than that and has since day 1. I haven’t bothered to look for it though.

Take a look at your check valve! Very common problem with cheap check valves that come in kits.

^ to be honest I’ve heard and read alot about check valves. But I have no idea what one is or what it looks like. I was told that my compressors had a check valve, but I can’t see anything, then again I have no idea what I’m looking for.

A check valve lets air in, but not out. It goes in between your compressor and tank because air will leak back through the compressor. Mine looked like this…

But is was junk. I bought an industrial check valve and it is flawless.

So I’m guessing that the viair 444c come with one preinstalled then? I can’t see anything that looks like that on my comps.

Where did ya buy it?

I bought mine from a local industrial shop, but you can get one on ebay. Mine is 1/2" into the tank, and 3/8" female on the other side.