My lights on my truck!

So i finally got around to taking some pictures of my lights… DDM 55w 6000k in lows

DDM 55w 6000k in fogs

And Hella 4" HID 35w offroad lights on bull bar…

And this is what it looks like driving with all on.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Cant forget about backing up…

Piaa back up kit… i believe they are 55w…

And i just installed these yesterday in the bed as at night i cant see crap in there… no flash with any of these btw…

This was a pacer led strip set of 2 i got on summit for $40… They are weatherproof too.

I just ordered a odyssey battery tonight, so i cant wait till i can feed all these with the power they crave!

That’s nice man … lots of light for those times when you need it.

Kris

Nice, are the center lights HID’s?

Yes- Hella 4" HID’s,

I had kc daylighters on there// But they were 6" and did not fit correctly due to the height. These fit perfect and give great light!

Nice, ever looked into LED’s?

Where’d you get the LED kit from?

www.visionxsuperstore.com is the website… I have the reflex lights, they are a little pricey, but well worth it…

Yeah ouch, I see what you mean.

How well do they work? I can justify the cost but it’s not something I want to buy and find out its the wrong part or it doesn’t give me what I’m looking for.

MarineOne, I’ll PM you, I don’t want to jack this thread… :slight_smile:

06z71, Those are some kickdonkey lights, do you know the amperage of them? What type of lights do you have on the back of the truck? Regular driving lights?

n20 … Thanks bro.

06z … Seriously thanks for posting this up. I’ve needed some ideas for the Mayhem bumper from Throttle Down Kustoms for my wife’s truck, and if I get a wild hair for mine as well. We live just outside Boise, Idaho, and for some crazy reason they won’t plow the roads in the winter until its deep enough or it stops snowing, so I need some additional lighting plus a bumper that can take a hit if someone can’t drive in bad weather.

N20 Yea those led light on the front of your rig are awesome but pricey!

The lights on front on bullbar are Hella 4" HId’s, 35w… Not sure of amperage… Heres where i got them tho… the 2 reviews that are on there do not justify these lights!

The backup lights are a PIAA back up light kit… The lights are 2x6" halogen that come on with reverse automatically or can be turned on with the 3 way switch in cab… I also tied the 2 led strips in the bed with the backup lights.

Marine- np… wish i saw the post responses sooner… The lights quality to price is great! I would love to get one of the other HID professional offroad sets but they are $600… At thats too much of a risk for 1 deer to take out.

For the backroads i drive tho, with no oncoming traffic, when i have my lows / fogs / and aux on, it lights up the road perfect! I dont even use my highs anymore.

I just installed DDM’s 55watt 6000k in my high/lows/ and fogs in my 09 sierra and love them, nice light setup by the way.

slight OT: why let all the cars and trucks have all the fun?

I put HID on my bike. :smiley:

http://djquan.angelcities.com/bike_light/bike_light.html

lmao thats bad a$$!! nice man…

Thats awesome. I’m trying to figure out a way to put a single HID on my snowblower…

THeres a headlight on there now which i would imagine its at least 35w… So im thinking i could hook up a single hid, and put a switch on it so that way i can only have it on after the snowblower is warmed up so its not trying to start ballast in beginning :wink:

I think that would light up driveway nice while im snowblowin, lol

wouldn’t be too hard. I measured around 5A peak when warming up (less than 1 minute) and around 3.5A at the 12V input during normal operation of the lamps. You just need to find a place to put the ballast in. Just use the HID’s with color temps 4300K or below. 6000K and above is useless even in light fog/mist.

I switched to all HID on my car so that I have lots of reserve power left for the stereo and compressor. the stock alt is tiny!

over here, I know a couple sellers of HID kits so I can basically order any bulb type I need. :smiley:

^^Ditto … anything over 4300K starts to change color and becomes useless.

Kris

I use 6000K in all our cars, that one is pure white. It does become a little difficult to see in heavy rain but still ok. Anything above that becomes bluish and visibility becomes difficult and totally useless in light rain or fog.

yea mine are 55w 6k in my truck and i love them… I usually dont have a problem in rain or fog either… my fogs with the 6k look and perform great.

http://www.vvme.com/index.php

ne1 use this site??