My Official Install- K5LA-12 Gallon Tank-Dual 444c

Just ordered one!!!

Thank you

Made this little addition, dont worry im still alive

I’ve been considering an Mechman alternator upgrade, is yours working out for you?
How many amps did you upgrade to?

270 amps, paired with the big 3, my voltage no longer drops when the tank is filling with my stereo blasting. Worthy upgrade in my book! :smiley:

And now you can run an Oasis compressor…LOL

hahaha been here 4 years and still pushing that compressor :stuck_out_tongue:
im in middle of buying house, cant see me spending that much on a compressor right now lol

installed pic!!

Sweet! :slight_smile: I have to ask, Does the Factory A/C work in your truck?

Nope never has, my dad has same issue(92 5.7), must be a common thing.

I tore mine apart and I am using my A/C Compressor to air my tank up. I have to say I am Impressed with how quick it airs it up!

I saw that! Looks like a good idea haha.

Nice upgrade. I’ve heard good things about them.

Believe me, Once you go Belt Driven Compressor, you Do not want to go back. lol. The Really cool thing is, if it Breaks, The Wrecking yard has a whole create of them, and it is $45.00 for another compressor.

So far its a excellent upgrade.

I can imagine, Ill wait till one of my 444c’s die and go from there, theres hundreds of our trucks in my local pick and pull. :smiley:

:cool:hmmmmmmmmmm my air con don’t really work on my L200, how easy is it to convert it to an air compressor then…???

For starters, you need to make sure there is no R134a or R12 in the A/C System (I took my truck to a shop and had them make sure it was evacuated) Next you gotta see which hose coming off the compressor is the Low side, and the High side. Either do what I did and cut the factory fittings off of the two hoses coming from your compressor or find some fittings that will screw right onto it. Plug the High side with a check valve and oil water separator into the tank, and the low side (Suction) install an air filter. The Wiring is pretty simple, I unplugged my Factory A/C Harness and then just plugged in another one like it I had. Ground one wire, then hook the other wire up to a relay that activates when your pressure switch turns on and off. Now, depending on your compressor, if it is like mine a “scroll” Type of Compressor, you need to once in a while put some 30W oil into the suction side. I just simply take off the filter and pour some in and then run the compressor. and have an oil water separator on the discharge side (The High Pressure output) and you should be pretty golden. If you are lucky and have a York Style compressor, just make sure the oil level is high enough in the crank case so the bearings don’t over heat and burn up. Hope this helps :wink:

do you have install pics of your K5’s and P5’s? I have K5’s i want to add another one day maybe the new tug horn only if it is actually loud from pictures i see of it i think it looks weak it needs to be as loud as K5’s because thats my current standard

Gotta love a Mechman, DC Power Engineering, or Ohio Generator alternator and Big 3 upgrade. Such a huge difference.

It really is, wish I would have done it sooner.

Hehe time to bump the build thread, Brand new tailgate with little addition lol

Nicely done Bryan. I can see it now… “Hey buddy, what’s the BIG HORN edition give you?..”

…“Hang on, I’ll show you…”:smiley:

Did you get the badge done with vinyl stencil or is it something else?