My PVC Experiment

Starting off with a basic design I found like this:

To get started I picked up some 4" to 2" PVC reducers and some 2" adapters to 3/4", 1" and 1.5" along with 5 foot sections of each size PVC. I found some pieces of .060 and .030 PVC sheet for the diaphragms and used cut pieces of 4" PVC pipe to hold the diaphragms in place.

Drilled and tapped the 3/8" x 1/4 NPT air inlet into the reducer with a 7/16" bit and 1/4" NPT tap.

Marked off the diaphragm to be cut using the 4" PVC.

I also have some .118 PVC sheet to use as a secondary diaphragm as I’ve seen in some builds. Found some silicone tubing that should work between the first and second diaphragm if necessary during tuning.

The tuning will be interesting using various diaphragm, pipe length and size configurations.

I’ll be using my workshop craftsman air compressor with a 2.5 gallon tank to get started and determine what the final air needs will be.

Working on uploading pictures.

Looks good.

Please post more pictures and sound clips.

Great project! Keep us updated:D

We may just need to do some business in the future as I’m a thinker extraordinaire, not a builder/sparkee (like pete) so I wouldn’t wanna try this for myself and yet there are a few horns that are too expensive and rare to buy that I’d like to replicate.

Any pics or vids yet?