My truck

Since Im new here I thought I would share my ride.

Here she is getting ready to take the family out for a day on the water.

Getting ready to install the system. I removed the seats and carpet in order to run the 1/0 wire down the center of the truck since running the wire beside the doorsills was not an option. Damplifier was also installed at this point to the floor, doors… you name it, it got covered. Even up under the dash on the firewall. That was a PITA BTW.

Also picked up a set of Hertz components to install for the front stage.

Here is that sub that was to be used. I had this thing about a year and a half before I bough a amp big enough to make it pound so it sat in the closet for most of its life.

Here is the room I had to work with behind the rear seats. I had to remove the rear carpeted panel inorder to fit the box I was building.

Box build underway.

All done and fit into place. Box is 2 cubes after displacement @ 33Hz and houses one RE SX 12"

One Powerbass ASA 1500.1D under the rear passanger seat for the sub and a ASA 400.2x for the comps under the driver rear side.

I must say I was very impressed with what one driver is capeable of when done correctly. This is the first time Ive ever had a single sub set up and am very happy with the SQL I have achieved.

Jason

Nice truck. That’s quite a bit of room behind that rear seat.

Gotta love the room those Mega’s have … too bad it doesn’t have the Cummins, but at least its got a Hemi.

Kris

Now that’s getting detailed, good job

Thanks guys. I love doin. Projects like this :slight_smile:

where u from?? come do a project on my truck lol… virtually no room in back seat of my avalanche for a speaker system…

Haha. Im in virginia beach Va. Sorry man :slight_smile:

no problems man u can travel up to Delaware …haha jk…
hey what indash double din dvd player do u recommend?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ive always been a fan of Kenwood DDHU’s. Pioneers have too many troubles with noise if you are using RCA’s for anything and you have to ground your RCA wires to get rid of it.

Depending on price range and features you need.

The ddx516 or 616 is pretty decent. If you are looking to have a unit that will also do GPS then I would move up to the DNX 5160 or 6960. They come at twice the price as the others first mentioned.

I for one dont want a indash GPS. If I borrow or rent a car its just easier to pull mine off the windshield and it save a ton of money in my eyes :slight_smile:

i dont need a gps one. my cell phone is my gps… but i want a 7in screen size n detachable screen

To be honest I dont know of any DD HU that has a removable face

there is one with a removeable face. but i cant remember which one. may be a kenwood. or jvc…

Jvc kw-avx830